Question PC freezing, hitting 100 disk usage even with new hard drive

Apr 5, 2021
Alright, so I have two SSDs, one that is dedicated to Windows and the other for my games. For the past few months I've been having an issue where my game would freeze for about half a minute or more while I'm playing. Before that, textures would usually stop loading or not render completely. On task manager, this would completely max out my C drive. I switched out my C drive (WD Blue 500GB) to a Samsung Evo M.2 and did a clean install of Windows, however the disk usage problem instead transferred over to my games drive.
Ryzen 5 2600
MSI B450 Tomahawk
Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB
Samsung 970 EVO SSD 500GB M.2
Samsung 860 EVO 2TB
Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4 3000Mhz
EVGA 600 BR 600W
I increased my page file, disabled superfetch, reinstalled Windows, and updated my BIOS as possible solutions, however neither worked. I've seen the freezing reduce when I would reduce my graphics, however this issue has stopped completely so far when I transferred my games from the 2TB over to the M.2. I'm able to play almost seamlessly on max graphics after switching, but sometimes I've seen my games SSD max out its usage even though I'm not playing on it.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

When you state clean install, did you fabricate your bootable USB installer using Windows Media Creation Tools? Can you monitor the disk usage while your system is on idle? I think you're experiencing memory leak for the platform. The only way around it is to reinstall the OS, after you've made your bootable installer using Windows Media Creation Tools.

BIOS version for your motherboard?

Apr 5, 2021
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

When you state clean install, did you fabricate your bootable USB installer using Windows Media Creation Tools? Can you monitor the disk usage while your system is on idle? I think you're experiencing memory leak for the platform. The only way around it is to reinstall the OS, after you've made your bootable installer using Windows Media Creation Tools.

BIOS version for your motherboard?
Thank you for the welcome! Yes, I created my installation USB through the creation tools. Both of my disks idle at 0%, I've only seen my disk max out while on games. As for my BIOS version, I'm using version 7C02v1H3. I've pretty much done the solution you've mentioned, however it still occurs regardless.