Question PC freezing in games

May 11, 2019
So I built my first PC a few months ago, and everything was running smoothly up until a few weeks ago. What is happening now is I will get onto a game, it will run smoothly for about 15-20min, then it will freeze. The screen freezes, all sound stops, and the lights on my keyboard go out. On top of this, it will not automatically restart or go to BSOD. It just stays there until I manually restart it with the power button. All drivers that I can find are up to date, the temps seem fine in a benchmark (~55C CPU ~70C GPU). The only thing I can think of that is wrong with the computer is that the CPU power cable is stretched a little far. I previously overclocked CPU and GPU, but reset both when this issue started.
System specs:
I7-8700k cpu
Noctua NH-D9L cooler
ASRock Z390 phantom gaming SLI/ac motherboard
G.Skill value 16GB 2666 memory
Silicon Power A55 1TB SSD
MSI RTX 2080 VENTUS gpu
Rosewill 650w 80+ gold full modular psu

Thanks for your help.

well from reading what you have said it sounds like something has obviously not reset with the over-clock so I would make sure you have important stuff backed up then go in the bios and go "system" and revert to system defaults reboot and set it back how you want it and all should be good hope this works well for you.