Question PC Freezing / Locking up during intensive activity

mikro236

Commendable
Feb 17, 2018
This is an issue I've struggled with for quite a while. From time to time while doing intensive activities such as playing a game or rendering a video, all image and sound will suddenly and abruptly pause, including the cursor, and will stay frozen until the computer is restarted with the power button. The only warning that a freeze is about to occur is rarely the sound stuttering for a second before, but usually there is no stutter.

Most times I've noted this happening have been in the middle of a match of Overwatch, which gives the convenience of showing your GPU temperature at the top of the screen; usually when this happens it is around the low-mid 70 range.

Windows 10
AsRock ab350m pro4 Motherboard
AMD Ryzen 5 1600 Six-Core Processor
Team T-Force 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-pin DDR4 3000 RAM
EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB GPU
Rosewill Glacier 600W PSU

May 29, 2020
I am also having this issue, have you found any fix for it or narrowed down the cause? I am starting to think based off others posts here it may be a commonality in software or an update pushed on on W10.

mikro236

Commendable
Feb 17, 2018
I haven't found any fixes other than lowering graphics settings on my games and doing less intensive activities. Some people have suggested that it may be a power supply issue.