[SOLVED] PC freezing on desktop when booting without BIOS

Peteu

Reputable
Nov 3, 2014
Hello,

I started experimenting with overclocking little while back. I'll start with my specs since that seems to be a very common answer.

Motherboard: Gigabyte 787M-DH3
CPU: I5-4670K running at 4.4Ghz at 1.225V.
GPU: EVGA RTX 2070
RAM: Don't know the exact model but I have a total of 32GB of Ram Spread over 2 pairs.

I managed to stabilize my system and have it remain at fairly low temperatures even under high demand. My problem is that if my computer goes to sleep/turns off, I am almost guaranteed it will freeze up the next time I boot it. I'll usually manage to mess around on the desktop until the mouse seems to stutter until it completely freezes up.

I managed to find a fix but it's a really weird one. The only way I can get it to work is if I boot, enter the BIOS screen, then save and exit. I don't need to do anything in the BIOS, I just need to make sure to go through it while I'm booting up the computer.

At this point it's become a mild inconvenience as I've gotten in the routine of always doing it but help would be greatly appreciated as getting to the BIOS requires me cutting the power to the PC ( by holding the power button) otherwise it boots up too quickly.

Thanks!

Solution

christopherjames

Honorable
Sep 2, 2013

Pretty sure your overclock isn't stable. Did you stress test it with Prime95? I would either add some more vcore till your problem goes away or just reset your bios back to Optimized Defaults.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS