[SOLVED] Pc freezing problem

Oct 21, 2019
i have just got
Asrock b450m steel legend ,
Ryzen 5 2600x ,
crucial ballistix 8gb ddr4 x2 ,
new install of Win 10 64bit

i am waiting for new gpu RX570 , so kept my gtx750ti , installed drivers and updated , but have been getting the "clock_watchdog_timeout" message , rechecked drivers , again and again , still the same - i have now gone back to my old gpu R6950 updated drivers for that , and system is freezing and giving me the blue screen , i have checked drivers again and again , all say there are up to date , im confused as to what to do and if i missed something , are my gpu's to old for the mobo? compability? any help will be appreciated.

Solution
You might need to update your bios. The cards should work fine. In fact the error, is normally related to the CPU.
So bios update may fix the issue. Once done, then do a CMOS reset, to clear any remnants of old bios.
Oct 21, 2019
You might need to update your bios. The cards should work fine. In fact the error, is normally related to the CPU.
So bios update may fix the issue. Once done, then do a CMOS reset, to clear any remnants of old bios.
ok, but this is where i am getting confused , my mobo is version 2.70 now when i go the asrock site and find bios downloads , the latest is version 2.70 but it says
*ASRock do NOT recommend updating this BIOS if Pinnacle, Raven, Summit or Bristol Ridge CPU is being used on your system.
*Before updating this BIOS, please also read the description in previous BIOS version.
the Ryzen 5 2600x comes under Pinnacle ridge and all of this = Brain hurts