Question PC freezing randomly ?

Jul 24, 2022
I bought a prebuilt pc a while ago (HP Pavilion TG01-1863no), it worked fine but had bad temperatures and airflow. So I bought a new case (P400a), a motherboard (Asus rog strix z590-f gaming wifi), PSU (tx750m), and an AIO. I reinstalled my ssd, gpu, cpu, and ram from my pre-built pc and booted up just fine. But after some hours it just suddenly froze. I had read about issues and crashes if you didn't do clean windows install after changing hardware in the motherboard. So I did that but experienced the same thing. Random freezes that only unfroze if I restarted my computer. These freezes could happend hours from start up or just minutes. Could happend when I for example alt tabed or opened a inventory in a game, or just when I was using youtube. This has even happened at Windows login.

I have tried:
  • updating drivers and bios
  • changing gpu and ssd slot
  • reinstalling my cpu
  • clean install windows
  • running multiple hardware tests
  • visually inspecting my hardware
  • undervolting my gpu
  • underclocking my ram
  • cmos reset

My current specs are:
Asus rog strix z590-f gaming wifi motherboard
i5-10400
RTX 3060 Ti
2666 or 3200 mhz ram I don't really know
1 tb ssd
Corsair TX750M PSU

If you know anything that may help I would really appreciate it, I am open to try things again

Cyberat_88

Distinguished
Wait you're running a windows version with your old HP setup after you changed MB ? NOPE.
You need to remove previous settings and drivers using the command Sysprep /generalize, then restart.
Then install all the new drivers from MB to Gpu, prevent windows from updating while you do so.
Here are the microsoft instructions for sysprep: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/wi...alize--a-windows-installation?view=windows-11

Jul 24, 2022
Wait you're running a windows version with your old HP setup after you changed MB ? NOPE.
You need to remove previous settings and drivers using the command Sysprep /generalize, then restart.
Then install all the new drivers from MB to Gpu, prevent windows from updating while you do so.
Here are the microsoft instructions for sysprep: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/wi...alize--a-windows-installation?view=windows-11
I tried but got this error message; sysprep was not able to validate your windows installation

Jul 24, 2022
Jul 24, 2022
Ok, so I got sysprep generalize to work and it loaded Sysprep and restarted my pc to oobe screen. I went through it and it launched to windows normally. I don’t understand how this will remove my drivers, because none where missing according to armoury crate. Maybe there is a step I’m missing?