Question PC Freezing, slow, programs not responding

Feb 16, 2019
Hello, ive been having this issue for a few months now and i cannot for the life of me figure it out. My pc continues to freeze, programs wont load and wont respond, and sometimes ill get a repair this pc screen on startup. ive tried repairing it multiple times and itll stop at a certain point and wont continue. Ive tested my ram and recieved no errors, my gpu is brand new, and my cpu isnt acting strange. If anyone has any ideas, theyre very welcome. Thanks in Advance!! Hardware: I7 4790k Corsair Single Radiator Liquid Cooler ( dont remember the name) EVGA 1080 SC Asus Sabertooth z97 Mark 1 Corsair Vengeance DDR3 16 gb (1600 mhz) Main SSD: WD Blue 250 gb Secondary SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 1TB EVGA 1000 G2 Gold PSU

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2019
I think i found that the problem is linked to my GPU, i have the newest drivers btw. I cant figure out why its causing it to crash but ive found that the higher i raise my core clock the better it runs. after raising it to 100% in afterburner it only crashes the game now not my pc. The game will crash at random times

Feb 16, 2019
well i decided to take out my 1080 and put an old 780 i have into the pc instead and the issues are the same so i guess its not the graphics card? i really dont know anymore. Any sort of help would be great

Feb 16, 2019
I fixed the slowness and non responsiveness of it, some part of windows was being corrupt or something every time I installed it. I used command prompt to fix all of that but now I am getting random hard freezes making me restart my pc.

Feb 16, 2019
now its started to get slow and unresponsive again. When i tried to boot a game up it did four or five fast beeps (in my headphone), repeated it a couple of times then blue screened saying critical process died