Question PC Freezing when alt + tab

Jul 19, 2020
SPECS: This PC has recently been built, containing a ryzen 5 3600 (stock cooler), Radeon RX 5600 XT, 16 GB RAM, 500GB m.2 ssd, a 2TB HDD, with the MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX.

The issue is whenever i tab out of a game, (specifically Valorant at the time of writing)
my pc will freeze, im still able to move my mouse, somewhat open task manager although it tends to be blank and attempt to shutdown through windows (consistently to no avail), im forced to manual shutdown otherwise it would most likely remain in this state, Please help im new to the world of PC’s and this is heavily halting my progress.

I also had this issue with Rainbow Six Siege until i put the game in windowed borderless which (i now BELIEVE) has fixed the issue, i attempted to do the same with the likes of valorant putting it in windowed full screen and then windowed, however the problem still occurs.

Most recently the issue occurred while exiting full screen while watching a YouTube video which i found bizarre but i thought I’d add that to the list. For my first pc i happen to be running across my fair share of discrepancies :(

All feed back appreciated thank you!

Jul 19, 2020
May i also add, by alt + tab i also mean using the windows key or using F11 in windowed. This issue could also be triggered for R6 while closing that application not 100% sure if thats the same with the current application in question.

Jul 19, 2020
SPECS: This PC has recently been built, containing a ryzen 5 3600 (stock cooler), Radeon RX 5600 XT, 16 GB RAM, 500GB m.2 ssd, a 2TB HDD, with the MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX.

The issue is whenever i tab out of a game, (specifically Valorant at the time of writing)
my pc will freeze, im still able to move my mouse, somewhat open task manager although it tends to be blank and attempt to shutdown through windows (consistently to no avail), im forced to manual shutdown otherwise it would most likely remain in this state, Please help im new to the world of PC’s and this is heavily halting my progress.

I also had this issue with Rainbow Six Siege until i put the game in windowed borderless which (i now BELIEVE) has fixed the issue, i attempted to do the same with the likes of valorant putting it in windowed full screen and then windowed, however the problem still occurs.

Most recently the issue occurred while exiting full screen while watching a YouTube video which i found bizarre but i thought I’d add that to the list. For my first pc i happen to be running across my fair share of discrepancies :(

All feed back appreciated thank you!
Can confirm this also happens when alt tabbing GTA V

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS