Pc Freezing when playing games

PlasticBiscuit

Commendable
Aug 7, 2016
Hello,

I didn't really know which category to put this in. For a while now my computer has been freezing and forcing me to power off my machine while i play league of legends. At one point this seemed to have stopped or happened extremely rarely so i didn't mind very much but I have been starting to have frequent encounters with the problem again. To clarify this happened in windows 7 as well as windows 10. My game would just freeze and the audio would cut out and it would be completely unresponsive.

My PC Specification:
Windows 10
AMD Radeon 260X
AMD FX(tm)-6350 Six-Core Proxessor
8GB Ram
Corsair VS450 Watt Power Supply
Asus M5A78L-M/USB3 Motherboard

Thanks, George

Solution

1) Sound is just an issue with your speakers's amp
2) Like I said, your PSU is unacceptably bad.
3) The PSU upgrade is the single best thing you can do, IT WILL NEVER BE A WASTE OF MONEY!
Get a Seasonic S12II 520W, it's cheap, available worldwide, and very good

PlasticBiscuit

Commendable
Aug 7, 2016

Ok, I will try what you said.

rush21hit

Honorable
Mar 5, 2012
VS450? Dude get rid of it. I had it for twice by RMA. None are pleasant experience. Not a well build PSU. I replace it with something from Seasonic with a 350wattage, can't remember the specific since its been a while now. The store owner is my friend so he let me swap with it.

The demand were a mere Athlon X2 270 with a HD6670 and 1 160GB disk for one of my cybercafe PCs, and it failed within first week. Somehow, it just decided to die out. Twice.

PlasticBiscuit

Commendable
Aug 7, 2016

Hello, thanks for the reply, the issue has stayed after i have updated graphics drivers. I have noticed that the crashes now include a loud sound out of my new speakers. I will probably replace the power supply as suggested above. However, I don't want to go out and buy a new power supply to realise that it didn't help. Therefore, I would like to know if there is anyway that i can be at least like 80% sure that this will solve my problem.

Thanks, George

1) Sound is just an issue with your speakers's amp
2) Like I said, your PSU is unacceptably bad.
3) The PSU upgrade is the single best thing you can do, IT WILL NEVER BE A WASTE OF MONEY!
Get a Seasonic S12II 520W, it's cheap, available worldwide, and very good

Solution