Apr 8, 2020
Giving as much detail as possible, I'll try to showcase what I'll believe to be the most important information

I have 3 disk in my PC, all working with windows7 and a partition of one having linux ubuntu(about 50gb).
While working with linux it suddenly started kicking me out to user screen and I couldn't login. I restarted the PC and when I booted into linux it would say that there is a partition that may be corrupted and it needed to be manually checked.
I ran:
fsck <partition> -y and when it finished I rebooted and it got me in normally. Next morning though when I turned on me PC it got stuck when booting showing my motherboard's (ASUS H97 pro gamer) "Press F2 or DEL to enter UEFI BIOS settings" but it didn't respond to any of that. Then I removed the drive with the linux installation and it booted normally into windows.
I'd like to avoid having to format or just throw away the disk because I don't have any backups of its content. Any help?

I am thinking about reseting CMOS as my PC has been running for 5 years or so but I'd like to seee if there are others solutions...thank you in advance.

System Specs:
Windows 7 Prof - 64bit
ASUS H97 pro gamer motherboard
1 Hdd
2 Ssd ( one of them with the linux installation)
Intel i7 4770
Gtx 770 2gb