Question PC freezing while browsing and SSD performance problem

khrystiano

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2012
Hi everyone, so I have been having this problem since a very long time, PC suddenly freezes when I'm browsing (and only when I'm browsing), it happens randomly and can last a few minutes until I can use the PC or last forever until I restart it, it's like a slow freeze, you can move the mouse but you can't minimize or open the task or whatever.

A few days ago I changed my SSD (Kingston 240GB) and replaced it with a Maxtor Z1 940GB, and for some reason Userbenchmark gives me a very poor performance, not always but most of the time. I reinstalled Windows twice and still happens, at the moment the PC is not freezing but I don't think it's a SSD problem since it used to happen on the Kingston.

Do you guys know what can it be? I have set a slightly OC, 4.5ghz.

My config is this:
i5-8600K
Sapphire Vega 56 Pulse
8x2 GB Corsair DDR4
z390 Gaming X, Maxtor Z1
WD HDD 1TB
Bitfenix Formula 650w.

This are the results of the userbenchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/39514255 and the next one I did just gave me a 99% "outstanding" result. :/

I don't install too much programs except for one game and two or three programs. Valorant, HWInfo and RTSS.

Thank you very much!

What browser? (Try another browser? (Edge instead of Chrome, etc.)

I'd also have perhaps an overnight run with Memtest86, and, see if any errors noted... (If some are, test your browser lockups with must one RAM stick installed, testing each alternately, and, as failing drives can wreak havoc on a system, I'd also test for several hours without the WD HDD connected at all)

Were all of the latest/appropriate chipset drivers for your mainboard installed? All Windows updates downloaded/applied?

khrystiano

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2012
Chrome and Firefox, these are the only ones I've used.

So do you think it could be a memory or HDD problem? I'll try that, I'll pass Memtest86 tonight and see if it throws some error.

Windows reinstalled a few hours ago, every driver installed and updated, always...

khrystiano

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2012
What browser? (Try another browser? (Edge instead of Chrome, etc.)

I'd also have perhaps an overnight run with Memtest86, and, see if any errors noted... (If some are, test your browser lockups with must one RAM stick installed, testing each alternately, and, as failing drives can wreak havoc on a system, I'd also test for several hours without the WD HDD connected at all)

Were all of the latest/appropriate chipset drivers for your mainboard installed? All Windows updates downloaded/applied?

Okay, so I passed Memtest86 four times.

First one gave me that error:
View: https://imgur.com/a/npTI4ou

So I tried disabling the OC and running BIOS on default, no errors this time, I tried a third time ut only chjanging the XML profile to set it on 3000mhz and no errors... and the fourth times I passed it with the BIOS set exactly as the first time and no errors again.

It is a RAM error or a CPU error?

Thanks.

Last edited: