Question PC freezing while game keyboard and mouse stop working requires hardrest need help!?

LapizTheRelic

Prominent
Aug 9, 2020
So I asked this question before and people told me it was a power supply issue so I got a new power supply and everything was working fine for about a day then it happened again this is my first time building a pc and its really be a unpleasant experience I cant seem to figure out the problem I need some help I dont want to have to just basically build a new pc and waste my money that I spent on this pc :

AMD Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor
Asus PRIME B450M-A/CSM Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL15 Memory
Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
XFX Radeon RX 590 8 GB FATBOY OC+ Video Card
RM Series™ RM750 — 750 Watt 80 PLUS® Gold Certified Fully Modular PSU

I orignally had a 500 watt psu but I replaced it with the 750 watt because i was told it was my psu that was the problem what do you guys think is the mostly problem right now I think its the gpu but Id hate to buy a new gpu then still have to problem and then order some new ram, motherboard, or cpu
here is a video of what is happening to me

Last edited:

poorbugger

Distinguished
yep I havent had it happen while Im at the desktop it only happens when Im gaming its really annoying because Ill be in a raid or something and then boom it freezes forcing my to hold down the power button to turn it off so I can turn it back on
Okay i could be wrong but i only have had this problem when i overclocked my amd gpu. If it's unstable the whole system freeze instead of application like nvidia. So, try downloading msi afterburner. Increase the power limit all the way. See if that helps. How is the gpu temps during gaming?

LapizTheRelic

Prominent
Aug 9, 2020
Okay i could be wrong but i only have had this problem when i overclocked my amd gpu. If it's unstable the whole system freeze instead of application like nvidia. So, try downloading msi afterburner. Increase the power limit all the way. See if that helps. How is the gpu temps during gaming?
The temps are fire the gpu only goes up to like 84

LapizTheRelic

Prominent
Aug 9, 2020
I turned to power limit to max in the Radeon software

Feb 24, 2020
It could be a driver issue. I had two 5700 xts and i had issues with both (most likely driver) then i lost patience and went with a 2080 Super, now i have no problems what so ever. I will probably never go for a amd gpu ever again. Yes they are cheaper but that doesnt mean anything if the thing doesnt work.

LapizTheRelic

Prominent
Aug 9, 2020
It could be a driver issue. I had two 5700 xts and i had issues with both (most likely driver) then i lost patience and went with a 2080 Super, now i have no problems what so ever. I will probably never go for a amd gpu ever again. Yes they are cheaper but that doesnt mean anything if the thing doesnt work.
I would definitely take a look at the GPU as most of these issues seem to stem from the GPU.
I order a new one I bought a 1660 super its supposed to come wensday but I bet its gonna get delayed because of the hurricane thats gonna be happening where I live hopefully tho when it come in I dont have these problems anymore Ive notice that it only happens when the temps are in its 80s I find it weird because I heard that its quiet normal for this card I set the fan curve really high and that has help a lot after all this with a amd gpu I dont think Im gonna be buying gpus from them anymore

LapizTheRelic

Prominent
Aug 9, 2020
Sadly no, you should show it here because more people can help you out and they can have their answer if they are facing the same problem.
I order a new one I bought a 1660 super its supposed to come wensday but I bet its gonna get delayed because of the hurricane thats gonna be happening where I live hopefully tho when it come in I dont have these problems anymore Ive notice that it only happens when the temps are in its 80s I find it weird because I heard that its quiet normal for this card I set the fan curve really high and that has help a lot after all this with a amd gpu I dont think Im gonna be buying gpus from them anymore

poorbugger

Distinguished
Not really a problem with amd gpus tbh. It shouldnt reach the temp limit all the time with a rx570. If your gpu is second hand, repasting and cleaning it is advisable.

LapizTheRelic

Prominent
Aug 9, 2020
It seems that brand of card is poorly designed so it runs hot.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBN2KDiw-V8

If it's possible, return it. If you decided to buy amd gpus in the future, stick to sapphire.
Sadly I cant return the gpu I bought a gigabyte 1660 super its supposed to come in wensday but since I'm in Louisiana and the hurricane is suppose to be coming tomrrow and wensday hopefully Ill get it buy friday or something this upcoming weekend Ill let you know if the new gpu fixs my problems once it comes in and I test it

TRENDING THREADS