[SOLVED] Pc freezing while gaming on high wifi usage

Feb 28, 2020
Well i have been having this problem where while gaming my pc freezes for a split of a sec, something even 1-3 secs, while testing i did notice that when that happends on task manager i can see spikes on the wifi, since i have no way to connect my computer to the router via ethernet thats kinda my only option, just to give some references this been hapening on Fortnite but also on Path of Exile.

By the way, i have my games instaled on a hdd, but tried moving Fortnite for example to to the ssd, just to see if the HDD could be the problem, the freezing problem still hapening :(

Picture of my task manager while playing Path of Exile (Each spike shows where i get those hangs):
View: https://imgur.com/a/ClKJJOZ

my pc specs:
  • GTX 1060 3GB EVGA SC
  • i5 7400 CPU
  • 8 GB RAM
  • 2TB SeaGate (where games are)
  • 240 GB ssd (where windows is)
  • Tp-link Pci Tl-wn851nd 300mbps

Solution
You are having wireless latency spikes that are so common. Describe your environment -- house, apartment, dorm?

Is it possible for you to use a pair of AV2-1000 or better powerline adapters? While they don't get much over 150-200 Mbps usually, they have far better stable latency and can cure this issue.

Your only other choice is to place an access point literally right next to your wireless adapter -- preferably 5GHz and use a 5GHz (N or AC) adapter on your computer. This helps reduce surrounding wireless signals as 5GHz penetrates matter far less compared to your 2.4GHz. Also the 2.4GHz adapter only has three non-overlapping channels (1, 6, and11) so most users around you have them all used up and many other devices use 2.4GHz --...

RealBeast

Titan
You are having wireless latency spikes that are so common. Describe your environment -- house, apartment, dorm?

Is it possible for you to use a pair of AV2-1000 or better powerline adapters? While they don't get much over 150-200 Mbps usually, they have far better stable latency and can cure this issue.

Your only other choice is to place an access point literally right next to your wireless adapter -- preferably 5GHz and use a 5GHz (N or AC) adapter on your computer. This helps reduce surrounding wireless signals as 5GHz penetrates matter far less compared to your 2.4GHz. Also the 2.4GHz adapter only has three non-overlapping channels (1, 6, and11) so most users around you have them all used up and many other devices use 2.4GHz -- like wireless everything from baby monitors, wireless KB/mouse/speakers, to microwave ovens.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS