dannb1989

Commendable
Dec 22, 2018
Hey guys,

recently my computer has been freezing during gaming sessions. It's only just started happening but I suspect it's my motherboard that is the issue. It's a gigabyte X570 gaming X model so it's fairly cheap but was all I could afford at the time. The reason I suspect the motherboard is that the power stays on but the RGB lighting in my mouse and keyboard shut off and both peripherals become inoperable, however, all the lighting in the case stays on and all fans remain on and spinning.

I've monitored heat on both the GPU and CPU while gaming and neither temps get above 60c. I've tried unplugging and replugging the mouse and keyboard while it's in this state to no avail so naturally, I would consider the problem to be with the Mobo. I'm not concerned with having to buy a new mobo as I wouldn't mind the security and stability of a better mobo in the system I'm running especially as I plan to upgrade to the 30 series Nvidia cards on release. Also, the mobo is still within warranty but I don't have a backup and planned to upgrade since deciding to buy this one in the first place. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Just in case it might help with any guesses or recommendations here are my specs.

Gigabyte x570 gaming x
AMD 3800 with 360mm AIO cooling
2070 super 8gb
Corsair vengeance 16gb 3600 ram
Corsair RM850x 80+ Gold rated PSU
2 x samsung 970 evo 500gb ssd
1 x 1 terabyte toshiba external ssd

and I'm not sure it's relevant but the only peripherals that shut down are the keyboard and mouse, screens, and headphone battery charger thing all stay on until I manually power off the system.

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
How old is your PSU? You might want to see which version of BIOS you're currently on for your motherboard. You forgot to mention the games that you tax the system with in. If there's one particular game that might be causing the issue?

You should also see which version of Windows 10 you're currently on.

dannb1989

Commendable
Dec 22, 2018
Hey man, thanks for the reply!. I replaced the PSU in April this year, updated the bios to version F12e in march this year, and the version of windows I'm currently running is windows 10 home 64 bit 10.0.19041. The games it tends to crash in are rainbow 6 siege, Call of duty modern warfare, and most recently counterstrike: GO which are pretty much the only games I've played recently. I used to spend much more time playing daily and this has only started recently since I've been spending less time on the computer in general. It most like has nothing to do with that but it could be useful info. The PC itself is well maintained, regularly dusted and drivers kept up to date. I may be pulling at straws suggesting the motherboard is the problem but I can't think of anything else.

Thanks again

dannb1989

Commendable
Dec 22, 2018
I should also add that none of the hardware is overclocked and that the PSU was replaced after the last one blew up. That's probably more important than the rest of the info I've given hahaha