PC Freezing While Playing Games

SchindlersFist

Prominent
Apr 20, 2017
I was having some throttling issues due to overheating so I bought a new case and some new fans, installed everything in there and my temps were looking good, thermal margin was between 40 and 50 on idle, and over 20 during games. However, after 5 minutes or so of any game, my PC freezes. I ran a stability test with AMD Overdrive and withing a minute or two, the thermal margins went down to zero and my computer froze. Not really sure what to do at this point.

Specs:
CPU: AMD FX 9590 at 4.7
Cooler: LEPA LPWAC240-HF AquaChanger 240 Liquid CPU Cooler 240mm
Motherboard: Refurbished GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 AM3+ Rev 4.0
GPU: ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1070 AMP! Extreme, ZT-P10700B-10P, 8GB GDDR5
Hard Drive: WD Black 2TB Performance Desktop Hard Disk Drive - 7200 RPM SATA 6Gb/s 64MB Cache
RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666)
PSU: Athenatech Xtreme Force PS-08WXF 800W ATX12V / EPS12V
Case: Phantom 410

SchindlersFist

Prominent
Apr 20, 2017

So I tried downclocking it and when I ran a stress test, it was still going at the original speed. Actually over it, I never overclocked mine but it's going at 5000 mhz.

SchindlersFist

Prominent
Apr 20, 2017
I downclocked it, temperatures were looking great however now the PC is freezing when it's just idling or on the web browser. I basically have no idea what to do now because I'm back to square one. It's not the RAM, I tested that. Also ran sfc and chkdsk and those were clean. It's apparently not a temperature issue. It's not the GPU because it's brand new just like the PSU and I had this issue before I got either of them.

urbancamper

Distinguished
It could be the refurbished motherboard can't handle the heat. The are only a few that are rated for that cpu. Might be that high voltage cpu just dun wore it out.

Oh and if this is the guy I know that plays BF say hi to the guys for me.

SchindlersFist

Prominent
Apr 20, 2017

Motherboard is revision 4.0 which supposedly supports the fx 9590 according to their website. Voltages seem ok and like i said temps are looking good, the motherboard temps are super low with the new case. Is there a way to test if the motherboard is fried?

And i used to play Battlefield years ago so you're probably thinking of somebody else haha.