• Now's your chance win big! Join our community and get entered to win a RTX 2060 GPU, plus more! Join here.

Meet Stan Dmitriev of SurrogateTV on the Pi Cast TODAY! The show is live August 11th at 2:30 pm ET (7:30 PM BST). Watch live right here!

Professional PC modder Mike Petereyns joins Scharon on the Tom's Hardware Show live on Thursday, August 13th at 3:00 pm ET (8:00 PM BST). Click here!

Question PC Freezing With A Rasping Sound When I Play Games and Requires Hard Restart

Jun 21, 2020
Hello fellas. I've been dealing with this situation since I bought this PC. Everything's good, PC seems working flawless, then all of a sudden, sounds of the game that I'm playing corrupt and PC freezes with a rasping sound. The only thing that I can do is shut down my pc from my case. My keyboard's lights and the keyboard itself, mouse, every single PC peripheral stops working. But my Wi-fi adapter which I use to connect to the internet still works. My graphic card's RGB lightning is still working as well. The light in the case that flashes to inform you that the PC is processing data, it stops as well. Weird thing is, it only happens when I play games that are new, AC Odyssey, GTA 5, Rainbow Six, The Sims 4, etc. I've checked my hard drive to see if there is any problem, I couldn't find anything. Gave the PC to the service to fix it, they didn't find anything too. Weird thing is, they said that not a single crash occurred when they put it in a stress test to see if there is anything wrong. I'm so confused. I'm thinking to change the power supply but I have Corsair VS600 80+. I think that guy is enough for my build. Also, I'd like to point out that I've checked every single system files to see if they are corrupted; nope, they are clean and I can't even see the reason for freezing from Reliability Monitor. It only says Windows was not shut down properly. I'd like to get every help I can. Thank you guys.

My PC:
Motherboard: Asus Prime Z270-A
GPU: Asus Strix GTX1060 6GB OC Edition
CPU: Intel Core i5 7500
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8x2 16GB 2400Mhz
Hard drive: WD Blue Caviar 1TB 7200rpm
SSD: Sandisk SSD Plus 120GB
Power Supply: Corsair VS600 80+
Note: I have two Corsair Air ML120 Magnetic Levitation fans integrated to PC.

Last edited:

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS