Question PC freezing with dual-monitor/Logitech G560 speaker setup

Gwalthor

Commendable
Jul 31, 2019
Hi everyone,

I recently purchased some Logitech 560 speakers, and I've been experiencing freezing issues since then. The freezing usually occurs when I'm playing a game(Hearthstone or Hades)/using photoshop on one monitor and watching a stream on Twitch on the other monitor. Sometimes the freeze is sudden and complete. At other times my monitors will freeze first and the sound will linger for an additional 5-10 seconds. When I reboot, I get no bios or error prompts.

No freezing occurs when I use only one monitor; likewise, no freezing occurs when I don't use the G560 speakers. It's the combination of both when I'm playing that will produce a freeze - usually when gaming using/photoshop + twitch on both monitors.My PC freeze up once or twice over a 4-6 hour period (for example, I can have both monitors open with word/excel for that long with no freezes).

I've tried following the advice on this page: https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/computer-freezes-when-using-both-monitors.3190404/
but I'm not sure I've entirely succeeded since it assumed some knowledge I don't have.

What I have done is update my videocard drivers using Nvidia Geforce and my Logitech speaker drivers using Logitech G-Hub.

I'm grateful for any assistance/advice you can offer.

Here are my specs:

Monitors: Predator X34 (3440 X1440p) / Sharp Aquos LG32GP3U (1080p)
Motherboard: ASUS Z370-A LG1151
RAM: 2 X 8GB Patriot Viper Elite DDR4 2400Mhz
CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K
GPU: MSI GTX 1070
Speakers: Logitech G560
Power Supply: Corsair HX 750

Last edited:

Snoobaa

Reputable
Feb 13, 2020
I'm not sure why it wouldn't be working. I can only suggest a few things that you may or may not have already done.
  • Make sure all drivers are up to date for everything.
  • Clearing CMOS seems to do wonders for myself... maybe try that.
  • Not 100% certain, but if your monitors have a high refresh rate and they are both being used at the same time, your GPU might not be able to cope. If this is the case, try having only 1 of them at above 60hz.
  • There might be nothing you can do other than do some upgrades, or live without the speakers or two monitors.
Sorry I couldn't give you an exact answer!