Question PC freezing with high SSD utilization ?

dresoccer4

Honorable
Mar 26, 2018
Processor: i9-10900K 3.7Ghz (5.3 Ghz turbo)
RAM: GSkill TridentZ 32GB DDR4 3600MHz RGB (F4-3600C18-8GTZRX)
GPU: PNY XLR 8 Revel Epic-X GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X
Storage: 1TB SSD ADATA SX6000LNP
Motherboard: ASRock Z490 Phantom Gaming 4
PSU: Cougar GEX850

Hey there, I've recently begun having severe problems with my relatively new PC (<1 year old). It has been working fine until about a week ago when it began freezing up while playing games, forcing a hard restart. I noticed right before this happens my single internal SSD will show 100% utilization for a couple minutes (with 0 or close to 0 read/write happening) causing the PC to begin to slow down until it becomes completely unresponsive.

I tried to then copy the game from the internal SSD to an external SSD (around 50GB of data). The file copying began, but after just a couple GB were copied, I noticed the transfer rate dropped to 0. I checked the SSD utilization and it was once again at 100%. At which point the PC froze and I had to do another hard reset.

I ran a chkdsk which came back fine. I'm not sure what else to do and don't know if this is a SSD problem or a motherboard problem or a Windows 10 problem or a CPU problem. It feels that anytime the internal SSD begins to have heavy utilization it then basically freezes. However just browsing the web everything seems fine.

I ran a couple tests using HD Tune and got some strange results. Take a look and let me know if anyone has any thoughts. Cheers

Speed Map:
https://i.ibb.co/FBJGCBn/1-speedtest.jpg
1-speedtest.jpg

Benchmark:
https://i.ibb.co/cNHgQ3s/1-benchmark.jpg
1-benchmark.jpg

dresoccer4

Honorable
Mar 26, 2018
I tried another scan with HDScan and it only made it 39% of the way through before freezing. You can see the stats it gathered in that time with some highlights:

5ms : 757370 blocks
500ms : 685 blocks
BAD : 9 blocks

This to me seems to prove the drive has busted. However it's strange ADATA's own diagnostic tool says everything is fine...

1-hdscan.jpg