PC freezing with static buzzing noise

DaDesasta

Prominent
Jun 16, 2017
Hello everybody,

I have a "small" problem regarding my PC, it is freezing mostly when going from full load to idle, but it has crashed when on load aswell.

Now I've tried alot, exchanging the Motherboard, different PSU, memtest, Intels CPU Tester. But all of them passed. I also reinstalled Windows on a different drive and booted from that to try if my SSD was at fault but that still shows the same error.

The System is, at the moment, not overclocked and not overheating, the CPU stays at around 60°C and the GPU at around 80°C max.

I’m at the end of my wit as to what it could be, so if you have any tips regarding this issue please post them.

EDIT: I have found this message in the Windows Eventviewer:
Code 35 "Performance power management features on processor 1 are disabled due to a firmware problem"
(atleast I hope that's the right translation as the original message is in German due to my system language)

Many thanks, DaDesasta

Spec list:

CPU: 6700k @ 4.0GHz
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15
Motherboard: MSI Z170A GAMING M5
GPU: MSI 980ti 6G
RAM: 32GB G.skill Value DDR4
Storage:
500GB Samsung 960 EVO (bootdrive)
500GB Adata SSD
2TB WD Blue

Chad_40

Commendable
Mar 26, 2017
What do you mostly do with the pc? Could be a gpu issue because i see that you have tried basically everything except that, and maybe you have. I would try a different gpu if you have one or try using just the intel graphics for a few days and see if the problem continues.

DaDesasta

Prominent
Jun 16, 2017

The PC is mostly used for gaming, the thing is I can run stresstests for hours and nothing happens. But sometimes at random it freezes. Sadly I don't have a second GPU at hand so I can't really test it with a second card.

Just found something in the eventviewer that I've overlooked so far, will edit the frontpost.