PC Freezing Woes

GrizzlyW

Commendable
Sep 23, 2016
Hello TH! Longtime lurker, first time poster. I recently assembled a new pc (first since xp) and found that it will freeze randomly. Video/sound are frozen, requires a hard reboot and will not shut down or reboot given time. Reliability viewer only shows the kernel power fail message from the reboot, Edge will crash if it is running at the time but other apps do not. If I am running in safe mode, I get a WHEA_UNCCORRECTABLE_ERROR BSoD.

I will post system specs shortly as I am running windows memory diagnostic atm, but in short I am running:
I5-6600k
MSI Z170 Gaming M5
Nvidia GForce 1070
Cooler Master Hyper 212
32g Ripjaw DDR4 2400 (4 8g sticks)

At first the system was stable, but this only lasted a handful of days. This being a clean install of win10, I first when on a witch hunt for bad drivers, to no avail. I then ran sfc/ scannow and several Anti-Malware scanners (just to be thorough). After these came up with no faults I ran mem diagnostic for the first time, 3 passes of the standard test showed no faults. At this point I did another clean install, reinstalled my drivers, nothing.
I then reseated the gpu to no effect. Upon reseating my ram however (moving sticks 2-4 to 1-3 and vice versa) I was able to go 3 days without any freezes.... until today, when the pc will freeze after anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes.
Both sets of installs were okay for a few days, but once the freezes begin happening the pace at which they occur ramps up considerably, sometimes within a minute after login. About to try to reset the ram again to see if it affects a change again.

P.S. also monitored cpu and gpu heat and neither gets above 40° C. Have not had performance viewer running during a crash however.

P.P.S Recently began studying to take comptia a+. So any supplementary information or insight while helping me put this beast to rest would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any help, guys. Will update with anything I missed/forgotten

Edit: I already had to RMA THE motherboard once, for late cpu initialization. Debug LED on the replacement board shows cpu temp when running correctly, however, si when the screen freezes it is hard to know for sure whether I'm getting a debug code or the temp. Sits at 34-36, which is right where the cpu rests normally