[SOLVED] Pc freezing

Feb 18, 2019
i got a new ssd about 2 months ago,i first booted it up and for the first couple days it was fine,after awhile it started freezing without a bsod.I continued to keep reinstalling windows and not downloading things thinking that there was a program i was downloading that was causing the crash.It got to the point were i started getting bsods and freezing every 5 minutes. sitting at the desktop;fine,but youtube,google and gaming i crash and freeze consistently. i reinstalled a fresh version of windows and wiped my hard drive 2 days before this post and now im freezing whenever i play games. i have 2 versions of windows,one on my hard drive and one on my new ssd,hard drive works perfectly but my ssd freezes and crashes as i just explained so i dont think its hardware.

I updated drivers,updated windows and did mem tests,Nothing is working and im getting desperate. Like i said i seem to fix the problem and than about 2 days later i start to freeze again.Any suggestions or ideas?

(P.S: i know reinstalling windows isnt good to do often,you dont have to remind me)

Thanks

Solution
As I said see if you can change the PSU cable you use to power up your SSD with another one, in case you have 2. Besides that is your CPU or GPU thermal throttling, check your temperatures and usages. And see if they drop super low when you get freezes. Your CPU at least seems to be very old maybe it's dying or overheating if you haven't changed the paste in a long time.

Cioby

Distinguished
BSOD is mainly caused by new stuff you install, meaning drivers that aren't compatible or hardware too.
I assume you used a proper SATA cable and powered it up with a good rail. Try changing the PSU rail you use to power up your SSD or make sure it's stuck in there properly and not moving.
Otherwise maybe you got a broken SSD? Or your Windows is installing the wrong drivers, make sure it's identified properly, same name same manufacturer. Also if it's a Samsung use their app and check if the SSD has been used before.

Feb 18, 2019
BSOD is mainly caused by new stuff you install, meaning drivers that aren't compatible or hardware too.
I assume you used a proper SATA cable and powered it up with a good rail. Try changing the PSU rail you use to power up your SSD or make sure it's stuck in there properly and not moving.
Otherwise maybe you got a broken SSD? Or your Windows is installing the wrong drivers, make sure it's identified properly, same name same manufacturer. Also if it's a Samsung use their app and check if the SSD has been used before.
its never been used,brand new bought it from samsung.
its fully in there and ive redownloaded the windows 10 installation twice to make sure nothing didnt download wrong.

Feb 18, 2019
as of latley ive only been getting freezes with no bsod.

Cioby

Distinguished
As I said see if you can change the PSU cable you use to power up your SSD with another one, in case you have 2. Besides that is your CPU or GPU thermal throttling, check your temperatures and usages. And see if they drop super low when you get freezes. Your CPU at least seems to be very old maybe it's dying or overheating if you haven't changed the paste in a long time.

Solution