[SOLVED] Pc freezing

Sep 21, 2021
I recently bought a ryzen 9 5900x for my pc and I installed it (I used to have ryzen 5) but my pc wouldn’t show any display on my monitor. I was told to put my old cpu back in and update bios but now my pc freezes on boot and freezes in bios with my old cpu in. I don’t know what to do, I have a Asus prime b450 plus motherboard. Any help?

Solution
If you could boot to windows using ryzen 5, uninstall all the processors first (should be 12, if windows ask for restart just click no and proceed uninstalling):
unknown.png

then shutdown, install ryzen 9, and go to bios and load optimized settings, save and exit and boot to windows and install amd chipset driver again then reboot. might want to reboot to bios to set XMP after all of this.
I recently bought a ryzen 9 5900x for my pc and I installed it (I used to have ryzen 5) but my pc wouldn’t show any display on my monitor. I was told to put my old cpu back in and update bios but now my pc freezes on boot and freezes in bios with my old cpu in. I don’t know what to do, I have a Asus prime b450 plus motherboard. Any help?
what are the full specs? tried to clear the cmos first?

If you could boot to windows using ryzen 5, uninstall all the processors first (should be 12, if windows ask for restart just click no and proceed uninstalling):
unknown.png

then shutdown, install ryzen 9, and go to bios and load optimized settings, save and exit and boot to windows and install amd chipset driver again then reboot. might want to reboot to bios to set XMP after all of this.

Solution