PetarV

Honorable
Jun 12, 2016
I've had this problem for quite some time. I don't even remember how and what I've tried doing to fix it.

I built a PC over a year ago. All parts were new except the GPU and the PSU which I were from a previous pc of mine. I used the new pc for gaming and in the first couple of months it worked fine. Maybe it crashed once or twice but its was really stable for the most part. Then the crashes gradually started becoming more frequent. Im not sure but I think it was after an automatic os update. It bothered me a bit but I had too much work to do I couldn't really look into it. Then it got to the point when 2mins after you start the PC it crashes and a few restarts after that the PC wouldn't boot windows at all. As I said I didn't have time to fix this mess so I stopped using it for a bit. Then I simply reinstalled windows 10. I used it for games and It worked fine again, until it automatically updated (I don't know why I didnt disable that). I found a relatively stable version of win and all was good. Until I tried installing a program and it crashed and I just couldn't bother anymore. I left it as is for a couple of months. A few days ago I used system restore to get it to a stable point. Then I tried installing a program and it just keeps crashing during the installation, I cant get it to work.

I can provide more info if needed, windows logs etc. I used this pc for gaming but soon I'll need it for work. And I have to get it going soon. I've tried almost anything I read online. I haven't replaced any parts because I dont have excess money to spend right now and I have to be completely sure Im replacing a faulty part. I obviously cant deal with this on my own and I appreciate any help!

I've gotten countless BSOD and these are the error codes I can remeber: System service exception; Critical process died(I've got this so much that its engraved in my brain)

Specs:
Ryzen 2700x
Rx 580 8gb
Kingspec SSD
Kllisre DDR4 2x8gb
ASRock b450 pro4
Njoy Woden 650w (now this [redacted] may be the culprit here)

EDIT: Im adding Registry filter driver exception; Bad system config info to the list of BSOD messages. I tried running CHKDSK and it crashes before it can finish. A bit more details on how the pc crashes: apps and windows I've opened start to get progressively unresponsive, mouse movement gets slow and wonky until the BSOD appears.

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
You're suspecting the PSU, yet you haven't stated anything about trying out a donor PSU to rule out your doubt.

Then I simply reinstalled windows 10.
Where did you source the installer for the OS?

Kllisre DDR4 2x8gb
Got a link to the ram kit you're working with? Which slots are the rams populating on the motherboard?

ASRock b450 pro4
BIOS version for your motherboard?

I haven't replaced any parts because I dont have excess money to spend right now and I have to be completely sure Im replacing a faulty part.
Just to bring you up to speed, we tend to find out what the problem might be or which component might be causing the issue through a process of elimination. This means having a donor, known working, component in hand.

PetarV

Honorable
Jun 12, 2016
You're suspecting the PSU, yet you haven't stated anything about trying out a donor PSU to rule out your doubt.

Then I simply reinstalled windows 10.
Where did you source the installer for the OS?

Kllisre DDR4 2x8gb
Got a link to the ram kit you're working with? Which slots are the rams populating on the motherboard?

ASRock b450 pro4
BIOS version for your motherboard?

I haven't replaced any parts because I dont have excess money to spend right now and I have to be completely sure Im replacing a faulty part.
Just to bring you up to speed, we tend to find out what the problem might be or which component might be causing the issue through a process of elimination. This means having a donor, known working, component in hand.

Donor PSU
I would've tried that but none of my friends have a suitable psu I can use.

Windows Installer
For the first install I borrowed a flash drive so I dont know. For the second I made my own from microsoft's website.

RAM
I got the 2x8/2666Mhz version of this: https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32601791617.html?spm=a2g0n.order_detail.0.0.72c4f19cXYM2s4
I placed them in the 2nd and 4th slot originally but I've tried the 1st and 3rd too.

Mobo
B450 Pro4 P4.20