[SOLVED] PC front panel audio jack works only halfway plugged in

jai360

Honorable
Nov 14, 2014
So my pc case front panel audio jack was working fine still afternoon now all of sudden i can hear only on left side i thought my head phone is faulty checked with other headphone same problem continues
some times i dont even hear any audio

BUT when i halfway plug my headphone and change the settings in Realtek audio from 'HD front panel audio' to ' AC97 front panel' i can hear the audio clearly and it works fine.
i tried reinstalling audio driver same problem continues.

Why it works only headphone half way plugged in with 'AC97 front panel' option enabled instead of default 'HD front panel audio'
if i disable 'AC97 front panel ' option front panel audio jack gets grayed out in Realtek audio driver.
Usually i get pop up from Realtek audio driver once headphone is plugged in now its not getting detected.
This is weird do PC front audio port is faulty or something ?
any expert help me plse

heres the config

CASE : coolermaster K380
MOB : M5A99FX PRO R2.0

AMD FX 8350
Cooler Master 750 w PSU
Corsair 16 GB DDR3
Seagate 1TB Sata Drive
Cooler master Hyper 212X CPU
cooler master k380 cabinet
Dell 21.5 inch monitor S2240L
Asus strix r9285 GPU
APC ups 1KV

its a 5+ year old PC
do damaged headphone wire can cause this problem ? coz one of my headphone wire is bit damaged...
[ i tried with other headphones same problem continues ]

solution tried
------
Reinstalled audio driver
Double checked headphones tried with few other headphones

thanks

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Make and model case?

Power down, unplug, open the case.

Use a bright flashlight to look inside the front panel audio jack for debris, damage, signs of damage, etc..

Check the cables connecting the motherboard to the front panel case.

There may be a loose connection.

General references - you must verify the connections using the applicable motherboard and case User Manuals.

https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/trying-to-connect-front-panel-audio-to-motherboard.2954158/

https://www.techsupportforum.com/threads/hd-audio-connect-to-ac97-front-panel.345334/

HD audio connect to AC97 Front Panel? | Tech Support (techsupportforum.com)

jai360

Honorable
Nov 14, 2014
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Make and model case?

Power down, unplug, open the case.

Use a bright flashlight to look inside the front panel audio jack for debris, damage, signs of damage, etc..

Check the cables connecting the motherboard to the front panel case.

There may be a loose connection.

General references - you must verify the connections using the applicable motherboard and case User Manuals.

https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/trying-to-connect-front-panel-audio-to-motherboard.2954158/

https://www.techsupportforum.com/threads/hd-audio-connect-to-ac97-front-panel.345334/

HD audio connect to AC97 Front Panel? | Tech Support (techsupportforum.com)

heres the config

CASE : coolermaster K380
Motherboard : M5A99FX PRO R2.0

AMD FX 8350
Cooler Master 750 w PSU
Corsair 16 GB DDR3
Seagate 1TB Sata Drive
Cooler master Hyper 212X CPU
cooler master k380 cabinet
Dell 21.5 inch monitor S2240L
Asus strix r9285 GPU
APC ups 1KV

its a 5+ year old PC
do damaged headhone wire can cause this problem ? coz one of my headphone wire is bit damaged...
[ i tried with other headphones same problem continues ]

Last edited:

jai360

Honorable
Nov 14, 2014
it use azalia intel hd for audio not ac 97 so recheck connector on board and the audio panelif they atch your motherboard since you did not put name and model of it .

Motherboard : M5A99FX PRO R2.0

i never had problem with audio i just install realtek driver and forget abt it.
now when i had a problem hearing only on left side of headphone i kept trying all the option in driver and when i enable ac97 option and plug my headphone halfway in i can hear audio clearly.... im confused

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS