[SOLVED] pc froze completely unusable until restarted

Dec 28, 2019
i was literally watching netflix and my pc randomly fully froze like mouse disapeared and then after 30 seconds under the screen it was displaying ( seemed black ) the bottom was blue like a tiny bit and im presuming that was windows maybe giving me an error message? either way this has never happened and ive had my pc over a year, i recently upgraded my specs and its been fine. my cpu temps are clean and dont go above 65 degrees when gaming, when i turned it on all fans spun but it took about 5 seconds for my rgb on 4 of my fans to turn on. Unless it happens again im gonna assume its a random error but if it occurs again i will be concerned, could someone try and explain this for me though please

SPECS:
rtx 2060 super mini
Ryzen 5 3600 with a scythe mugen 5 cooler, i get around 20 degrees lower than the stock with this.
b450m gaming mobo
750 w aerocool power supply
2 x 8 vengeance ram 2666mhz
220T rgb airflow case

Solution
If it never recurs, we will write it off as random glitch.....

At some point, if this happens again, most folks are going to not tolerate it, you can reseat or swap RAM modules to rule those out, but, a PSU suffering occasional brownouts happen, although watching Netflix is hardly a taxing load on a PSU typically... (100-120- watts, total, if that, compared to gaming at easily 2x-3x that,)
What is the EXACT model of your Aerocool power supply?

Right up front I'll tell you that Aerocool is guilty of being one of the absolute worst well known PSU brands. In the entire history of the company, they have maybe ONE PSU line that isn't complete and total trash. One. And that is pretty much the Project 7 series, but even that series had some significant problems that were found during reviews. Not complete garbage, but still not great. The rest, pretty much good for use as a door stop, paperweight or starting a dumpster fire.

I'd start there, and look at getting a high quality power supply before you do ANYTHING else.

Dec 28, 2019
What is the EXACT model of your Aerocool power supply?

Right up front I'll tell you that Aerocool is guilty of being one of the absolute worst well known PSU brands. In the entire history of the company, they have maybe ONE PSU line that isn't complete and total trash. One. And that is pretty much the Project 7 series, but even that series had some significant problems that were found during reviews. Not complete garbage, but still not great. The rest, pretty much good for use as a door stop, paperweight or starting a dumpster fire.

I'd start there, and look at getting a high quality power supply before you do ANYTHING else.

I was told that before and im sure what happened was not my power supply , luckily i have had NO issues with this since 2019. AeroCool Integrator Mod Xt 750W Power Supply, Semi-Modular, 80 Plus Bronze, Up to 85% Efficiency, 12 cm Black Fan, For Gamers & System Integrators - Black https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B010Q3BT2I/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_UbejEbWNM20MP
Is the exact model

If it never recurs, we will write it off as random glitch.....

At some point, if this happens again, most folks are going to not tolerate it, you can reseat or swap RAM modules to rule those out, but, a PSU suffering occasional brownouts happen, although watching Netflix is hardly a taxing load on a PSU typically... (100-120- watts, total, if that, compared to gaming at easily 2x-3x that,)

Solution

madartzgraphics

Reputable
Jun 29, 2019
i was literally watching netflix and my pc randomly fully froze like mouse disapeared and then after 30 seconds under the screen it was displaying ( seemed black ) the bottom was blue like a tiny bit and im presuming that was windows maybe giving me an error message? either way this has never happened and ive had my pc over a year, i recently upgraded my specs and its been fine. my cpu temps are clean and dont go above 65 degrees when gaming, when i turned it on all fans spun but it took about 5 seconds for my rgb on 4 of my fans to turn on. Unless it happens again im gonna assume its a random error but if it occurs again i will be concerned, could someone try and explain this for me though please

SPECS:
rtx 2060 super mini
Ryzen 5 3600 with a scythe mugen 5 cooler, i get around 20 degrees lower than the stock with this.
b450m gaming mobo
750 w aerocool power supply
2 x 8 vengeance ram 2666mhz
220T rgb airflow case

Not sure. But another sign to watch for a dying or bad PSU is unusual fan and lights behaviour and static/wavy or anything unusual on the monitor screen showing. GPU is the #1 affected when a PSU is unstable or leaking.