[SOLVED] Pc froze. Display port and HDMI no signal.

Jun 24, 2021
My PC had been working just fine until earlier today. I’ve had the PC for about two years now.
Asus Rog Strix x470-F gaming mobo
EVGA 1080
R7 2700x

I was on twitch when all of the sudden my PC froze. I held down the power button to turn it off, waited a bit, and hit the power button to turn it back on. All of the usual lights came on, fans were spinning, but my monitor wasn’t turning on. A closer look and i could see that the VGA light on the mobo was solid. I also noticed that my rgb mouse wasn’t lighting up until i replugged it into the mobo, but it only lit up for a few seconds.
I took out the graphics card out and plugged three different cords into the HDMI and DP sockets on the mobo, nothing worked. Same thing for when i tried them with the GPU in. Could this be a mobo issue or maybe something else? i don’t really know much about PCs, i apologize. any potential fixes?

Solution
Thank you for replying. Can you tell me what exactly should i be checking for? The GPU looks, turns on, and spins just fine as far as i can tell. when i seated it into the second pcie slot it worked the same as when it was in the first slot. I can’t try the third slot because the GPU is too big.
Like i said, everything was working just fine until earlier today so i’m not really too sure what you mean by the first line. Please elaborate.
I have read that i should check for a burning smell from the PSU, which i have, but i didn’t smell anything like that.
  1. Modern motherboards do not have graphic chips so they need a graphic chip to be integrated with CPU. From AMD only Ryzen processors with a "G" at end (like for instance...
My PC had been working just fine until earlier today. I’ve had the PC for about two years now.
Asus Rog Strix x470-F gaming mobo
EVGA 1080
R7 2700x

I was on twitch when all of the sudden my PC froze. I held down the power button to turn it off, waited a bit, and hit the power button to turn it back on. All of the usual lights came on, fans were spinning, but my monitor wasn’t turning on. A closer look and i could see that the VGA light on the mobo was solid. I also noticed that my rgb mouse wasn’t lighting up until i replugged it into the mobo, but it only lit up for a few seconds.
I took out the graphics card out and plugged three different cords into the HDMI and DP sockets on the mobo, nothing worked. Same thing for when i tried them with the GPU in. Could this be a mobo issue or maybe something else? i don’t really know much about PCs, i apologize. any potential fixes?
Mobo will not give you any picture with that processor so forget abut that, first thing to check is your GPU. try it in second PCIe slot, also check PSU.

Jun 24, 2021
Mobo will not give you any picture with that processor so forget abut that, first thing to check is your GPU. try it in second PCIe slot, also check PSU.

Thank you for replying. Can you tell me what exactly should i be checking for? The GPU looks, turns on, and spins just fine as far as i can tell. when i seated it into the second pcie slot it worked the same as when it was in the first slot. I can’t try the third slot because the GPU is too big.
Like i said, everything was working just fine until earlier today so i’m not really too sure what you mean by the first line. Please elaborate.
I have read that i should check for a burning smell from the PSU, which i have, but i didn’t smell anything like that.

1. Modern motherboards do not have graphic chips so they need a graphic chip to be integrated with CPU. From AMD only Ryzen processors with a "G" at end (like for instance 3200G) have graphics incorporated, yours doesn't.
  2. For further checks, PSU needs to be checked properly using a tester or by replacing with known good and compatible (including enough real power), 1080 GPU requires a lot of power.
Btw. What's your PSU ?
3. To further check GPU you need to try it in another, known good and compatible system and/or try another known good and compatible GPU in your system. There's no other simple test for GPU that doesn't give any picture on screen.

Solution
Jun 24, 2021
  1. Modern motherboards do not have graphic chips so they need a graphic chip to be integrated with CPU. From AMD only Ryzen processors with a "G" at end (like for instance 3200G) have graphics incorporated, yours doesn't.
  2. For further checks, PSU needs to be checked properly using a tester or by replacing with known good and compatible (including enough real power), 1080 GPU requires a lot of power.
Btw. What's your PSU ?
3. To further check GPU you need to try it in another, known good and compatible system and/or try another known good and compatible GPU in your system. There's no other simple test for GPU that doesn't give any picture on screen.

So i went out and bought a new mobo and PSU. i tested my GPU with my brothers computer and it boots up fine. No VGA error shows up on that mobo.
VGA light still shows up after i install everything (new psu, new mobo). Could it be the RAM or CPU maybe?