PC Froze, turned back on and No Signal

Sep 5, 2018
Before saying it's my monitor, I am sure my monitor is not at fault.
How it happened: I was playing a game when I then tried to alt+tab out to check other applications- which then was not working. Finally it managed to work after a long delay, when I saw my taskbar was missing as well as the entire display was blurred. This has happened once or twice before, and typically occurs when I play Overwatch at times. I had the immediate reaction to turn off my PC's power source, so it instantly shut off.

I tried to turn it back on after a few minutes- but then I looked to my monitor to see it said "No Signal Found." A simple HDMI problem- but it does not appear to be so. I used the same HDMI Cable and monitor and plugged it into my laptop, and sure enough- the monitor is displaying the laptop.

I am now limiting the possibilities to be the GPU, as the display wouldn't start without it from my understanding. Should I try to remove it and put it back? The fans of the GPU are indeed running.
But, I am now seeing on my motherboard that the CPU light is red (the table located on the motherboard corner) I have tried removing the power source cable and putting it back, as well as the HDMI- and yes the HDMI is put into the GPU.

What appears to be working:
CPU fan comes on
GPU Fan(s) come on
Fans of the Tower come on as well as their LED lights
Specs:
AMD Ryzen 3 1300x 3.5ghz
Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti
Gigabyte Gaming Motherboard (I can get the exact # if needed)

What's the issue? Please help, thank you.

kadec.a.mackinney

Commendable
Aug 21, 2018
potentially a psu issue but i would save that till last. can you try with a dvi cable or something of the likes? if possible then try the gpu in a different system and if all else fails try the power supply in a different system. this does solely sound like a graphics card problem and i would be really surprised if it were everything else. if the motherboard has other pci-e slots then potentially try those and then if the motherboard has graphics, try using those to boot into windows. from windows you can probably see if the gpu is detected within the system and see if it has a driver issue maybe or is completely done for. hope this helps.

Sep 5, 2018

I will try using a DVI cable or VGA- Possibly even borrowing a friend's GPU to see if that is the error. Thank you for the info.

Sep 5, 2018
Here's an update I suppose.
Even with the CPU unplugged, the motherboard still displays the red light for the CPU. The motherboard could be at fault, but I went further as to testing the voltage output. No voltage was being received by the CPU cables, leading me to believe it might just be the power supply.

Hopefully the power supply comes in as I then can confirm this.
Edit: It has been two weeks. The power supply did not work, and I have send the motherboard to Gigabyte as an RMA. I am waiting to receive it back

samuel_antonio27

Prominent
May 11, 2018
Here's an update I suppose.
Even with the CPU unplugged, the motherboard still displays the red light for the CPU. The motherboard could be at fault, but I went further as to testing the voltage output. No voltage was being received by the CPU cables, leading me to believe it might just be the power supply.

Hopefully the power supply comes in as I then can confirm this.
Edit: It has been two weeks. The power supply did not work, and I have send the motherboard to Gigabyte as an RMA. I am waiting to receive it back
Hey what was the problem ? I have the same problem