Question PC froze when playing higher demanding game,now won't start

qubeee

Reputable
May 6, 2015
I updated my ati software drivers yesterday, today I started my pc normally but when I started playing Rainbow 6 siege (worked in menu,lobby) my PC froze, when i tried to boot it, the PC ran but display showed no signal and the RGB lit keyboard and mouse didn't light up they normally do.
I fixed the problem by turning off everything, unplugging the PC and all ports. Then it worked normally, without heating up or showing any problems, I proceeded to play Bioshock Infinite for an hour,everything ran smoothly.
Then the problem came when I started FIFA 19, got into the menu normally when I started the match again same thing and now it boots normally without sending any signal to monitor.
The gpu works normally I see it by normally lighting signal lights and all 3 fans.

specs:
asus m5a97 r.20
ati radeon r9-280x tri oc vapor x edition
8 gb of ram ddr3
amd fx-8320
win 10 x64 bit

Any help or at least identifying the problem would help.
Thanks to all in advance!

Last edited:

qubeee

Reputable
May 6, 2015
So I got an old GPU from my friend and tested my pc with it, it works normally.
I uninstalled my newly installed gpu drivers and tried booting with my gpu again and it still shows no signal, so my guess is that the GPU simply died, although all the fans and lights are working?
Help anyone?

Nov 23, 2020
Did you ever fix this issue? I have a similar one but I can’t get it to turn on at all after, also when it froze it did it over time and some weird graphical symbols came up