[SOLVED] PC game freezes but pc still runs

AidenW

Honorable
May 15, 2015
So first lets start with specs
msi 3950-A pro
i9 9900k processor
760 gpu (I took from old pc while waiting on 2070s)
16gb ram corsair vengence rgb pro
corsair hydro 100i
corsair rm650 psu

So I built my pc and it can run to windows on the desktop fine with not temp issues or anything and can be run all day, I believe I have had issues installing the drivers for the mobo off the internet. I have installed the nvidia drivers correctly though
when I launch a game it plays for about 5 to 10 minutes fine running at 60fps on games
and then it will crash some games the graphics will freeze and I will still hear sound and I have to alt f4 to desktop but in the case of gta a prompt saying "failed initialization" had appeared. any help will go a long way thank you

Solution
I believe I have a fix for this if anyone is having the same issue, just make sure that you have downloaded the drivers correctly, and download the intel (R) software extensions app from the windows store for one of the drivers, run that as admin and it will tell you to reset your pc do this and when I did it my pc came up with the we have a problem screen but I turned my pc off and on again and it booted up normally and now it doesn't crash, my guess is that it was a driver issue.

Lutfij

Titan
That motherboard(msi 3950-A pro) from MSI doesn't exist or maybe I'm reading it wrong or maybe you made a typo. What version of BIOS are you currently on for your motherboard? What OS version are you on(assuming you're on Windows 10)?

What about your storage devices, were they recycled from the old build? If so, did you reinstall your OS?

AidenW

Honorable
May 15, 2015
That motherboard(msi 3950-A pro) from MSI doesn't exist or maybe I'm reading it wrong or maybe you made a typo. What version of BIOS are you currently on for your motherboard? What OS version are you on(assuming you're on Windows 10)?

What about your storage devices, were they recycled from the old build? If so, did you reinstall your OS?

MSI Z390-A PRO sorry typo and nah the storage devices are new with a fresh install of windows and I just checked my drivers with the intel driver and support assistant which showed now issues :/

AidenW

Honorable
May 15, 2015
I believe I have a fix for this if anyone is having the same issue, just make sure that you have downloaded the drivers correctly, and download the intel (R) software extensions app from the windows store for one of the drivers, run that as admin and it will tell you to reset your pc do this and when I did it my pc came up with the we have a problem screen but I turned my pc off and on again and it booted up normally and now it doesn't crash, my guess is that it was a driver issue.

Solution