Question Pc game keeps crashing

May 28, 2019
Hello everyone. Many thanks in advance for your time.

I've had some issues with the new COD on PC.

Mainly crashes, the game crashes at random times. I've tried posting on different forums related to the game with no luck. So I thought I'd give it a chance here to ask for solutions.

I have a i5-6600k, GTX 1080 and 16 gb of RAM .

The only thing that I've sort of seen abnormally is that my cpu usage skyrockets when I run the game, but the specs should be more than enough to handle it. In addition , there is a program called "ntkernel" that uses a lot of resources. Not sure what it is tho.

You guys are my last hope. Thanks again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it just the game crashing or the pc itself? Any bsods? Error messages?

Have you checked temps? COD has a built in gpu temp monitor, but not cpu. You can try to use afterburner in single player, it wont work for me in multiplayer. Try hwinfo64. Open the app and then leave it open while gaming. After the crash, or really anytime, check the info. See what the max reported cpu temp is, gpu temp.

Are all your drivers up to date? Windows?

Any overclocks on cpu or gpu?

Hello everyone. Many thanks in advance for your time.

I've had some issues with the new COD on PC.

Mainly crashes, the game crashes at random times. I've tried posting on different forums related to the game with no luck. So I thought I'd give it a chance here to ask for solutions.

I have a i56600k, gtx1080 and 16 gb of RAM .

The only thing that I've sort of seen abnormally is that my cpu usage skyrockets when I run the game, but the specs should be more than enough to handle it. In addition , there is a program called "ntkernel" that uses a lot of resources. Not sure what it is tho.

You guys are my last hope. Thanks again.
Are other games crashing?

What are your FULL hardware specifications including EXACT power supply model number and how long it has been in service, motherboard model, motherboard BIOS version, Windows build release version, memory kit model number and relevant cooling configuration including CPU cooler and case fan configuration?