PC Games crash. Need Help

Nov 5, 2018
So I built a PC about a year ago and I dont know a ton, but the 2 primary games I play are overwatch and destiny 2. The GPU I had previously seemed to have problems according to troubleshooting so I replaced It but Im still getting crashes so I assume it might be something else. My original gpu was an Nvidia geforce gtx 1050 ti, and my new one is an Radeon rx 570. Here are my system specs.

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 3 1200 3.1GHz Quad-Core Processor
Motherboard: MSI - B350M PRO-VDH Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard
Memory: GeIL - EVO POTENZA 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: MSI - Radeon RX 570 8GB ARMOR OC Video Card )
Power Supply: SeaSonic - 520W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply
Feel free to ask any and all questions. I just want to be able to play games again.Ive tried so many fixes that Ive actually lost count and dont remember them all.

Nov 5, 2018

I seem to be getting the warning of "Display Driver amdkmdap has stopped responding and has succesfully recovered Event ID 4101" in event viewer and in reliability history I get the critical event of "windows failed to start because of missing system files." I do not know if this is sufficient information as Ive not had a computer long enough to know that much about it.

Nov 5, 2018

Yes Im using windows 10. Unfortunately the troubleshooters have not worked, nor have doing a clean uninstall and re installation of the drivers from the manufacturer's website. I have not overclocked my card at all, at least not manually as I have just gotten my card. I had similar problems with my other GPU as well so it may have to do with faulty hardware. I much appreciate the help.

Ralston18

Titan
Go back inside the computer and double check that all cables, connections, jumpers, seatings, etc. are fully and firmly in place. May need just a little extra light push to discover that something is not truly connected as it should be.

Be sure that the system is clean and the inside of the case is free of dust, debris, hairs, dead bugs, paper scraps, etc.. Verify there is nothing blocking airflows.

My next thought would be a PSU problem. Even though your PSU is relatively new that does not mean that the PSU is still capable of fully supporting your system. Or it may be but some component is deteriorating and behaving intermittently. Just one voltage perhaps....

Especially as you have added hardware or perhaps otherwise increased the load being imposed.

Try 2 or 3 online power calculators to total up the power demands being made by all of your system's components. Add 40% for some margin and determine how close that total is to 520 Watts.

Nov 5, 2018

Ok, I Cleaned out the inside of my PC and rid it of the little dust it had and checked the airflows to make sure they were not blocked. I also did the power calculator and all of them came out to between 345 and 360. Unfortunately problem still persists. Im guessing that that it really is probably something wrong with the hardware.

Ralston18

Titan
What do you see in Task Manager and Resource Monitor?

Open one or the other and observe your system for a while. Explore the tool/utility so you have a sense of how to navigate within the windows.

Then slide the window to one side and leave open. Game and continue watching. Look for some resource, application, process jumping to a high value or %. Or some other change or a combination of things that results in a crash.