PC Gaming build advice

Jul 21, 2018
Hey I'm looking at building my own PC in a mini-ATX case, do you think this is a good build for the price? Also any recommendations of better parts?

MB: ASUS A320M-K
£55
CPU: Ryzen 5 2600
£150
GPU: GTX 1060 3GB
£188
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2 x 4GB DDR4
£92
PSU: EVGA 500W 80+ Bronze
£46
SSD: 240GB SSD
£42

Total: ~£570

Any suggestions for a mini ATX case?

Thanks

Solution
First of all what is your budget for the build? The motherboard is a little bit lackluster and you might be wanting to get something either of a Z or a H or at the very least a B style motherboard I would recommend something along the lines of a ASRock Z370M, however, ive not used this board.

You also might want to consider a HDD for your storage an SSD is great and keep that in the build but having a HDD for mass storage is always a good plan. Unless you dont think you will use up 240GB which i would be suprised by. The RAM is fine due to the price of RAM currently buying 8GB and upgrading when prices come down is a good idea.

The 1060 3GB is one of the better budget GPUs there is. I had a 1060 6GB and i can vouch that it was a...

Benc12

Notable
Jul 12, 2017
First of all what is your budget for the build? The motherboard is a little bit lackluster and you might be wanting to get something either of a Z or a H or at the very least a B style motherboard I would recommend something along the lines of a ASRock Z370M, however, ive not used this board.

You also might want to consider a HDD for your storage an SSD is great and keep that in the build but having a HDD for mass storage is always a good plan. Unless you dont think you will use up 240GB which i would be suprised by. The RAM is fine due to the price of RAM currently buying 8GB and upgrading when prices come down is a good idea.

The 1060 3GB is one of the better budget GPUs there is. I had a 1060 6GB and i can vouch that it was a great card. CPU is also a great choice. Upgrade your power supply though. I cannot stress enough that people DO NOT go cheap on the power supply. If that fails so can your whole system it isnt worth risking for the extra £60. I would recommend SUPERNOVA P2 650W 80 PLUS PLATINUM MODULAR POWER SUPPLY. You might not need the extra wattage right now but having it available it also a great decision incase you want to upgrade to a stronger card (having a modular power supply also helps with your cable management, something youll need to keep very tidy in a ATX case.

in terms of a case the MASTERBOX LITE 3.1 MICRO-ATX CASE if you are on a budget. If you are looking for something on a bit of premium quality look into something like the Rosewill Cube Mini ITX/Micro-ATX/ATX Mid Tower

Solution