ajinkys

Distinguished
May 12, 2014
Guys,
Please suggest a gaming build under 1L Indian rupees

CPU
CPU COOLER
MOBO
GFX ( NVIDIA only because again I get discounts 😋 )
RAM
CABINET ( BETTER AIRFLOW ESPECIALLY FROM SIDE PRIORITY SINCE ITS NEAR WINDOW )
PSU
HDD ( SSD if it really makes a great difference for my purpose )
MECHANICAL KEYBOARD
DISPLAY (4K IF really required 27 inch or higher whatever recommend. I work with LG so I get discount so consider LG if it's good )

Purpose - extreme gaming. FPS all high end gaming + DOTA. Lot of movies and Netflix.
Generally I don't replace a PC for 5 years or more after I purchase so looking for something future proof under budget

Solution
1. When going for b450/g470 boards, you need to look for boards with BIOS flash option in case they dont come with BIOS updated. Those boards with both good VRM and BIOS flash option are pretty expensive. You might as well go for x570 board.

2. That is a good cabinet.

3. RM 650 is very good unit. You can keep using that.

4. The stock cooler is pretty sufficient for stock clocks to mild overclocking. Unless you are pushing very high overclock, you wont need aft cooler. Also keep in mind that Ryzen does not have much room for overclocking and doent gain much from it either.

5. For gaming, 3000 vs 3200 wont make a huge difference. You might as well got for 3600, but its very expensive.

PCPartPicker Part List

Type|Item|Price...
I am not familiar with your currency or prices.
But, let me give you some guidelines.

1. A balanced gamer will budget 2x the cost of the processor for the graphics card.
  2. While much is made of the value of many threads, few games can effectively make use of more than 4 threads.
Those games tend to be multiplayer games with many participants.
The single thread performance of the master thread is all important.
For that reason, I like the intel 9th gen processors for gaming.
3. A 2 x 8gb stick of ram is plenty for just gaming. If you are also heavily multitasking consider more.
Ram speed is not very important for Intel processors, more so for ryzen.
4. I will never again build without a ssd for the "C" drive. It makes everything you do much quicker.
120gb is minimum, it will hold the os and a handful of games.
But, many things default to the "C" drive.
When a SSD nears full, it will lose performance and endurance.
240gb is the recommended minimum.

If you can go 240gb, or 500gb you may never need a hard drive.

You can defer on the hard drive unless you need to store large files such as video's.
It is easy to add a hard drive later.

Samsung EVO is a good choice for performance and reliability.

5. For a case, it must, first of all fit your parts. A M-ATX motherboard will fit in an ATX case, but not vice versa.
I have four criteria.
1. The case should have at least two front 120/140mm intakes to provide sufficient cooling.
2. The front intake must have a washable filter to keep your parts clean.
3. There should be 160mm available for a good air cooler.
4. The case should be attractive to you; you will be looking at it for a very long time.

6. Buy only a quality psu.
Here is a chart for sizing:
http://www.realhardtechx.com/index_archivos/Page362.htm

I have no problem overprovisioning a PSU a bit. Say 20%.
It will allow for a stronger future graphics card upgrade.
It will run cooler, quieter, and more efficiently in the middle third of it's range.
A PSU will only use the wattage demanded of it, regardless of it's max capability.

Look first to Seasonic, they are always of good quality. I like the new focus units.
Here is a quality list:

7. Bust your budget for a great monitor. They do not go obsolete and will last you a long time.
LG is very good and will run adaptive sync with a nvidia card. Plan on a displayport connection.

I am very much against liquid cooling when a good air cooler like the noctua NH-D15s will do the job.

My canned rant on liquid cooling:
------------------------start of rant-------------------
You buy a liquid cooler to be able to extract an extra multiplier or two out of your OC.
How much do you really need?
I do not much like all in one liquid coolers when a good air cooler like a Noctua or phanteks can do the job just as well.
A liquid cooler will be expensive, noisy, less reliable, and will not cool any better
in a well ventilated case.
Liquid cooling is really air cooling, it just puts the heat exchange in a different place.
The orientation of the radiator will cause a problem.
If you orient it to take in cool air from the outside, you will cool the cpu better, but the hot air then circulates inside the case heating up the graphics card and motherboard.
If you orient it to exhaust(which I think is better) , then your cpu cooling will be less effective because it uses pre heated case air.
Past that, A AIO radiator complicates creating a positive pressure filtered cooling setup which can keep your parts clean.
And... I have read too many tales of woe when a liquid cooler leaks.
Google for AIO leaks to see what can happen.
While unlikely, leaks do happen.

I would support an AIO cooler primarily in a space restricted case.
If one puts looks over function, that is a personal thing; not for me though.
-----------------------end of rant--------------------------

Your pc will be quieter, more reliable, and will be cooled equally well with a decent air cooler.

Last edited:
Reactions: ajinkys

ajinkys

Distinguished
May 12, 2014

1. A balanced gamer will budget 2x the cost of the processor for the graphics card.
  2. While much is made of the value of many threads, few games can effectively make use of more than 4 threads.
3. A 2 x 8gb stick of ram is plenty for just gaming. If you are also heavily multitasking consider more.
4. I will never again build without a ssd for the "C" drive. It makes everything you do much quicker.

You can defer on the hard drive unless you need to store large files such as video's.

5. For a case, it must, first of all fit your parts. A M-ATX motherboard will fit in an ATX case, but not vice versa.
I have four criteria.
1. The case should have at least two front 120/140mm intakes to provide sufficient cooling.
4. The case should be attractive to you; you will be looking at it for a very long time.

It will run cooler, quieter, and more efficiently in the middle third of it's range.
A PSU will only use the wattage demanded of it, regardless of it's max capability.

Look first to Seasonic, they are always of good quality. I like the new focus units.
Here is a quality list:

7. Bust your budget for a great monitor. They do not go obsolete and will last you a long time.
LG is very good and will run adaptive sync with a nvidia card. Plan on a displayport connection.

I am very much against liquid cooling when a good air cooler like the noctua NH-D15s will do the job.

You buy a liquid cooler to be able to extract an extra multiplier or two out of your OC.
I do not much like all in one liquid coolers when a good air cooler like a Noctua or phanteks can do the job just as well.
A liquid cooler will be expensive, noisy, less reliable, and will not cool any better
Liquid cooling is really air cooling, it just puts the heat exchange in a different place.
If you orient it to take in cool air from the outside, you will cool the cpu better, but the hot air then circulates inside the case heating up the graphics card and motherboard.
If you orient it to exhaust(which I think is better) , then your cpu cooling will be less effective because it uses pre heated case air.
Past that, A AIO radiator complicates creating a positive pressure filtered cooling setup which can keep your parts clean.

Your pc will be quieter, more reliable, and will be cooled equally well with a decent air cooler.

Thank you for the information
It will be helpful if you may provide me with exact configuration with all the necessary details considering all the compatibility between hardware components keeping in mind the bottlenecks

Something like this...

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor (₹16787.00 @ Amazon India)
Motherboard: Gigabyte - B450M DS3H Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard (₹6800.00 @ Amazon India)
Memory: Crucial - Ballistix Sport LT 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory (₹8598.00 @ Amazon India)
Storage: Crucial - MX500 500 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (₹6699.00 @ Amazon India)
Video Card: Asus - GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 6 GB Phoenix OC Video Card (₹27449.00 @ Amazon India)
Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower Case (₹3016.00 @ Amazon India)
Power Supply: Corsair - CX (2017) 450 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply (₹4196.00 @ Amazon India)
Monitor: LG - 25UM58-P 25.0" 2560x1080 60 Hz Monitor (₹11999.00 @ Amazon India)
Total: ₹85544.00
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-03-13 20:46 IST+0530

ajinkys

Distinguished
May 12, 2014
Can someone help me with Intel + Nvidia gfx build combo with 27inch 4k monitor (LG) along with other components mentioned

Also I am already using Corsair carbine series. Ventilation is bit poor. Need adequate space inside for comfortable positive airflow.

ajinkys

Distinguished
May 12, 2014
You cannot game @4k at that budget in India.

I have observed that I change my configuration every 5 years. Currently my config

I5 4570 + CM hyper 212x, Asus R9 280x 3GB & Asus H87 Plus mobo, Corsair carbine spec 01 case, Corsair vengeance 8Gb & Corsair RM 650 Modular, Dell S2340L, 2Tb HDD, corsair AF 140mm quiet edition fans & 120mm are NZXT.

I'm having issues with my gfx about artifacts that's why unable to use or start the PC.

My primary purpose is movie experience + FPS gaming including all latest or upcoming games. I can tweak the budget a little. Just help me if it's really required to have 4k ready config at this time because I can purchase the Monitor 4k ready for better movie experience at least. What do you say ?

ajinkys

Distinguished
May 12, 2014

I have four criteria.

Here is a quality list:

You can recommend me a PC build under $1500 approx.
Please do keep my preference of having Intel CPU, NVIDIA GPU, LG Monitor into consideration.

I have observed that I change my configuration every 5 years. Currently my config

I5 4570 + CM hyper 212x, Asus R9 280x 3GB & Asus H87 Plus mobo, Corsair carbine spec 01 case, Corsair vengeance 8Gb & Corsair RM 650 Modular, Dell S2340L, 2Tb HDD, corsair AF 140mm quiet edition fans & 120mm are NZXT.

I'm having issues with my gfx about artifacts that's why unable to use or start the PC.

My primary purpose is movie experience + FPS gaming including all latest or upcoming games. I can tweak the budget a little. Just help me if it's really required to have 4k ready config at this time because I can purchase the Monitor 4k ready for better movie experience at least. What do you say ?

Whats your budget without the monitor??? How far can you stretch???

ajinkys

Distinguished
May 12, 2014
Whats your budget without the monitor??? How far can you stretch???

Let's the skip the whole 4k gaming experience I believe because after watching a dozen videos on YouTube comparing gaming at 4k vs 1440 it doesn't make sense to purchase a gig with 4k level gameplay.

I would stick to the 4k LG Monitor.
Please recommend rest of the config but with Intel & Nvidia combo. Also, don't forget to include mechanical keyboard.

Sorry for bothering you with this. I'm just having doubts about bottlenecking the assembled config

Prices are pretty insane here. You should always check with local dealers first as they can give you a better deal. There are two builds below. Based on the prices you get choose whichever is affordable.

i5 with 1660ti...

CPU: Intel - Core i5-8400 2.8 GHz 6-Core Processor (₹19450.00 @ Amazon India)
Motherboard: Asus - PRIME B360M-A Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard (₹7915.00 @ Amazon India)
Memory: Crucial - Ballistix Sport LT 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory (₹8598.00 @ Amazon India)
Storage: Crucial - MX500 500 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (₹6699.00 @ Amazon India)
Video Card: Asus - GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 6 GB Phoenix OC Video Card (₹27449.00 @ Amazon India)
Case: Corsair - SPEC-ALPHA (Black/Red) ATX Mid Tower Case (₹5599.00 @ Amazon India)
Power Supply: Corsair - CX (2017) 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply (₹5200.00 @ Amazon India)
Total: ₹80910.00
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-03-18 07:54 IST+0530

i7 with 2060...

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700 3.2 GHz 6-Core Processor (₹32250.00 @ Amazon India)
Motherboard: Asus - PRIME B360M-A Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard (₹7915.00 @ Amazon India)
Video Card: Gigabyte - GeForce RTX 2060 6 GB WINDFORCE OC Video Card (₹39750.00 @ Amazon India)
Case: Corsair - SPEC-ALPHA (Black/Red) ATX Mid Tower Case (₹5599.00 @ Amazon India)
Power Supply: Corsair - CX (2017) 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply (₹5200.00 @ Amazon India)
Total: ₹106011.00
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-03-18 07:55 IST+0530

If you manage to find the right dealer, you might be able to get the second build in your budget.
Note, PCPP prices might not match the respective component price.

ajinkys

Distinguished
May 12, 2014
With the news of Zen 2 releasing soon. Should I wait for it to release and it's comparison with Intel and make the new build accordingly ?
I have asus R9 280x 3Gb. Bad experience with AMD GPU as i have artifacts issue now. So, I'm sticking to Nvidia as if now. However, 27UK850 has free sync and the card I'll be using will be 2060/2070 which will have G sync. Will that be an issue ? Or I'll have to change the monitor with G sync compatibility to derive more function out of it ?

ajinkys

Distinguished
May 12, 2014
It will sit idle then I won't be able to take advantage of the Free sync feature of the LG monitor for better experience? If that's the case you think I should change the monitor ?

Now that the zen 2 has been launched.

Can you please revise the specs build for the PC build ?
Based on the above budget...

PCPartPicker Part List

Type|Item|Price
:----|:----|:----
CPU | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor | ₹18599.00 @ Amazon India
Motherboard | MSI B450M GAMING PLUS Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard | ₹10099.00 @ Amazon India
Memory | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory | ₹7999.00 @ Amazon India
Storage | Kingston A1000 480 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive | ₹4550.00 @ Amazon India
Video Card | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER 8 GB WINDFORCE OC Video Card | ₹36150.00 @ Amazon India
Case | Corsair SPEC-05 ATX Mid Tower Case | ₹3100.00 @ Amazon India
Power Supply | Corsair CX (2017) 650 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply | ₹6600.00 @ Amazon India
| Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts |
| Total | ₹87097.00
| Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-09-01 19:47 IST+0530 |

ajinkys

Distinguished
May 12, 2014
1. Can I go for X470 motherboard due to better VRM ? Any particular brands in X470 you would recommend ?

Also, to the best of the reviews considering VRM the only MOBO B450 - MSI b450 carbon series makes sense to buy.
But I might as well pay extra 4k and get x470 Mobo with better VRM.

2. CABINET CHOOSEN - COOLer master H500 with mesh. For better airflow and low temperature. Hope that is good ?

3. I have Corsair RM650 purchased in 2014. It's is working fine. Should I continue using it or should I go for another gold standard 650 PSU ?

4. PLEASE recommend a good CPU cooler for ryzen 5 3600 ?

5. Ram .. 3200 or 3000 ? With ryzen Cpu it's more about RAM being minimum 3000. Kindly advise.

1. When going for b450/g470 boards, you need to look for boards with BIOS flash option in case they dont come with BIOS updated. Those boards with both good VRM and BIOS flash option are pretty expensive. You might as well go for x570 board.

2. That is a good cabinet.

3. RM 650 is very good unit. You can keep using that.

4. The stock cooler is pretty sufficient for stock clocks to mild overclocking. Unless you are pushing very high overclock, you wont need aft cooler. Also keep in mind that Ryzen does not have much room for overclocking and doent gain much from it either.

5. For gaming, 3000 vs 3200 wont make a huge difference. You might as well got for 3600, but its very expensive.

PCPartPicker Part List

Type|Item|Price
:----|:----|:----
CPU | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor | ₹18599.00 @ Amazon India
Motherboard | MSI X570-A PRO ATX AM4 Motherboard | ₹16999.00 @ Amazon India
Memory | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory | ₹10000.00 @ Amazon India
Storage | Kingston A1000 480 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive | ₹4550.00 @ Amazon India
Video Card | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER 8 GB WINDFORCE OC Video Card | ₹36150.00 @ Amazon India
Case | Cooler Master MasterCase H500P Mesh ATX Mid Tower Case |-
Power Supply | Corsair RM 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply |-
| Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts |
| Total | ₹86298.00
| Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-09-02 07:30 IST+0530 |

Last edited:
Solution

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
4k playback and 4k gaming are entirely different. You can run a 4k monitor from a gtx750ti if 4k of Netflix or movies is all you need it for, game at 1080p. So you have options. But if you want to game at 4k too, with high fps (that's really anything above 120 since that's the 4k current limit in monitors) then 1L isn't going to cut it. You'd be looking at a i9 9700k and RTX2080ti to get those kind of framerates and even then not in every game.

As resolution goes up, fps goes down.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor (₹32500.00 @ Amazon India)
CPU Cooler: Scythe Mugen 5 51.17 CFM CPU Cooler (₹12403.00 @ Amazon India)
Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Pro4 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard (₹11999.00 @ Amazon India)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory (₹7999.00 @ Amazon India)
Storage: Samsung 860 Evo 1 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive (₹14425.00 @ Amazon India)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (₹3119.00 @ Amazon India)
Video Card: MSI GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11 GB VENTUS OC Video Card (₹105470.00 @ Amazon India)
Case: NZXT H500 ATX Mid Tower Case (₹8799.00 @ Amazon India)
Power Supply: Corsair RMx 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply (₹12799.00 @ Amazon India)
Monitor: Asus ROG SWIFT PG27UQ 27.0" 3840x2160 144 Hz Monitor (₹187090.00)
Total: ₹396603.00
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-09-02 07:59 IST+0530

Last edited:

ajinkys

Distinguished
May 12, 2014
thank you all for the inputs.
Will be making the purchase in November during sale.

I am giving away my old PC with below config. The GPU got wasted due to artifacts issues. RIP R9 280X.

Now, with he below config which is the best value for money GPU should my cousin buy to play games without causing any bottlenecking.

I5 4570 + CM hyper 212x, Asus H87 Plus mobo, Corsair carbine spec 01 case, Corsair vengeance 8Gb & Corsair RM 650 Modular, Dell S2340L

NVIDIA GPU preferred.