Question Pc gaming making me really sad in life

Oct 13, 2019
Hello,so first of all i know a lot of people are gonna say that im a psycho or something but ok.So i bought a gaming rig 1 week ago and the first day i got it it was working fine,then for 3 days i was doing benchmarks and tests with nvidia settings and windows 10 settings to see what works best.Must be placebo or something but i really feel like my pc is slowing down or something,its maybe in my head because i already had gaming rigs before and they had a bunch of performance problems,but yeah i was wondering if it is possible for a pc to get its performamce degraded in 1 week by doing test,iv'e always had like this FPS anxiety,that never makes me actually enjoy the game.I have fps drops at beggining of csgo danger zone games.So my questions are,do you think a pc can get worse performance because of my tests and settings changes and the other question is what should i do to not have this pc performance anxiety

Oct 13, 2019
full system spec? include make and model of the psu

cpu/gpu temp and usage during the game?
ram/ssd/hdd usage during the game?
malware scan?
I get like 70 degrees on gpu and 60 on cpu under full load,gpu usage is about 50percent and cpu 25percent and my disk usage isnt really high,i have an samsung 970 plus evo

Dcopymope

Prominent
BANNED
Aug 13, 2018
Hello,so first of all i know a lot of people are gonna say that im a psycho or something but ok.So i bought a gaming rig 1 week ago and the first day i got it it was working fine,then for 3 days i was doing benchmarks and tests with nvidia settings and windows 10 settings to see what works best.Must be placebo or something but i really feel like my pc is slowing down or something,its maybe in my head because i already had gaming rigs before and they had a bunch of performance problems,but yeah i was wondering if it is possible for a pc to get its performamce degraded in 1 week by doing test,iv'e always had like this FPS anxiety,that never makes me actually enjoy the game.I have fps drops at beggining of csgo danger zone games.So my questions are,do you think a pc can get worse performance because of my tests and settings changes and the other question is what should i do to not have this pc performance anxiety

Why bother with tests and benchmarks if the games were running fine to start with? What exactly did you change in the operating system? It sounds like you should have just left all that alone.

Oct 13, 2019
Why bother with tests and benchmarks if the games were running fine to start with? What exactly did you change in the operating system? It sounds like you should have just left all that alone.
I was testing power plans between high performance and balanced,and i tested everything in the nvidia control panel.I wanted to get the best performance from my system

Oct 13, 2019
full system spec? include make and model of the psu

cpu/gpu temp and usage during the game?
ram/ssd/hdd usage during the game?
malware scan?
And for my system spec I7 9700k rtx 2070 evga xc ultra,g skill trident z rgb 3200mhz 16gb,motherboard asus tuf z390m,nzxt kraken x62 cooler,samsung 970 evo plus ssd and evga 750w g3 supernova psu

I was testing power plans between high performance and balanced,and i tested everything in the nvidia control panel.I wanted to get the best performance from my system

I always say that one of the best ways to break something it to mess with a system that is working just fine and trying to "fix" something that is not an issue. I would reset everything to defaults and just use it.

Reactions: Andrej251
A computer will often slow down a little once all the software you want is loaded. You will notice increased boot times and load times, but all of that is usually completely normal. The reason is that all those background tasks and software are using resources. They are using memory, CPU cycles, and drive bandwidth. This will make a PC seem a little bit slower even though the hardware hasn't degraded at all. I always tell people to load up EVERYTHING they want before they benchmark, otherwise they set an impossible standard for their PC to live up to.

As for your frame rate anxiety, turn the FPS counters off. Play the game by feel. Gamers in general are getting too wound up in PERFORMANCE of the game like their FPS is their high score. If you are playing the game for entertainment, then focus on the game and have fun. If you are playing the game just to see what kind of performance you get, then you are doing it wrong. Partially the tech media is to blame for this. They want quantitative numbers to rate hardware. There is simply more emphasis put on frame rates than feel because it is harder to describe a feel than it is to state a number.

When Ryzen first launched and it was up against the 7700K, people tried both systems and many said that the Ryzen system felt, well, better. AMD had the frame rate counters turned off in these demos. When the hard numbers came out and the max FPS was still on Intel, AMD was discounted as being not as good, however, AMD had more consistent frame rates and the minimum FPS were higher, and this led to a better feel with the game.

To help with feel, more responsive inputs, like a gaming keyboard or mouse, can help. Also a high refresh rate monitor will make things feel better too, especially one with GSync in your case. Your computer doesn't need to be any faster to improve your experience. Lots of people with far less impressive hardware have a better time because of these quality of life improvements. A smooth and responsive game is much more enjoyable than sky high frame rates, and is what everyone should try to get.

Reactions: Andrej251

Dcopymope

Prominent
BANNED
Aug 13, 2018
I have fps drops at beggining of the game

But you are getting an overall smooth experience right? What exactly does your resource monitor screen say about your ram? Here is mine.

f5c1561327117040.jpg

I have fps drops at beggining of the game
FPS drops at the beginning of the game are not unexpected. Your CPU, RAM, and storage are busy loading in all the resources you'll need. If FPS continues to be low after a couple minutes then you might have a problem, but right at the beginning of the game it is not uncommon. It doesn't matter how god mode your hardware is, it still needs to load into memory. The loading screen is the beginning of the loading process, not the end.

Oct 13, 2019
FPS drops at the beginning of the game are not unexpected. Your CPU, RAM, and storage are busy loading in all the resources you'll need. If FPS continues to be low after a couple minutes then you might have a problem, but right at the beginning of the game it is not uncommon. It doesn't matter how god mode your hardware is, it still needs to load into memory. The loading screen is the beginning of the loading process, not the end.
Oh yeah i see

Oct 13, 2019
I think its pretty normal,im just gonna reset my pc set my nvidia settings and leave it like that.But im a little scared of reseting my pc lol because when i reseted my old gaming pc it started artifacting,its really weird.