PC Gaming News - Diablo III This Year and More

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris312

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2007
Please change the headline. "PC Gaming News - Diablo III This Year" led me to believe that there was actual concrete news of a release date instead of mere speculation. :(

graviongr

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2008
No way in hell will we see D3 this year. Blizzard just doesn't work that way. It won't come out until everyone thinks it's going to come out at least 3 times, and then 6 months later they might finally release it.

my_name_is_earl

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2009
Lol, it look like no-one even notice the other game beside D3. Blizzard and their marketing cr@p. They had a very long time (9-10yrs?) to finish up D3 and Starcraft 2. Tease after tease, I'm really pi$$ed off. Anymore delay I'll be playing some other game instead. Yes, I'm one angry flameboy.

G

Those system requirements look seriously low, i dont think its possible a game released in 2009 can work on a system from the 20th century.

jamesl

Distinguished
Feb 29, 2008
[citation][nom]dPo3[/nom]Those system requirements look seriously low, i dont think its possible a game released in 2009 can work on a system from the 20th century.[/citation]

I agree, especially with the destructible environments and physics D3 is supposed to have

lancelot123

Distinguished
May 12, 2008
Blizzard's games have never really been known for pushing computer hardware. They would rather have an awesome gaming experience that can be played on as many systems as possible.

Also, just cause they announced SC2 before this, doesn't mean it will come out first. If you are thinking that, you don't know blizzard very well at all. They are way to unpredictable.

While I am praying to see D3 this year, I will bet millions that it will be out before the end of 2010 :D

ViPr

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2008
[citation][nom]dPo3[/nom]Those system requirements look seriously low, i dont think its possible a game released in 2009 can work on a system from the 20th century.[/citation]

if you watched the videos you would see that the engine looks similar technology-wise to the World of Warcraft engine. personally i'm rather disgusted that Blizzard is so rewarded for perpetuating such technology backwardness.

sciggy

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2008
All this talk about new games and nothing about Starcraft 2? Come on guys it is one of the most anticipated releases coming out this.....wait, next.....blah who knows when it will come out!

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
I hope those D3 system specs are just as unrealistic as those of vista (800mhz, 512mb ram) ... otherwise they'll just be releasing another game with as poor graphics as wow ... which even after the 3.0.2 patch looks like a joke.
But I suppose they'll do what they did with diablo 1 and 2 - set a fixed, low, resolution. In d2 lod you could increase it from 640x480 to 800x600 - so I suppose in d3 you can choose between 800x600 and 1024x768 and shader version 1.1 or 2.0 ....
It's kinda sad really. Blizzard's got all this money, all this developer talent, and those brilliant movie animators. But they still haven't figured out how to make a game look decent. And the screenshots I've seen so far don't look promising. Basicly they've just made everything dark and murky. Probably to make it harder to see how poor the actual graphics are. Oh well.

pirateboy

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2008
Eyecandy has nothing to do with how much fun a game is.
90% of the games that come out nowadays suck gameplaywise, look pretty and are not worth their money.
But oh well, I guess it's easy to please the console gaming crowd who have no idea what gaming used to be all about.

Diablo3 is prolly gonna rule and will most likely be worth buying.

Status
Not open for further replies.