PC Gaming News - Saturday Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

cichy69

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2006
[citation][nom]my_name_is_earl[/nom]?? Diablo 2? Shouldn't they try to work out D3 instead? What a waste of man power.[/citation]

don't be so selfish... many people are still playing diablo 2

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
I'm 100% sure that Resident Evil 5 will make it to the PC. Every other main title of theirs did. I don't know why people get so paranoid about a game series with a long history of being on the PC as if for no apparent reason the next will make its way.

What might extend the wait is them preparing the coop for us PC gamers. I have a gut feeling that they are trying to work out a deal with valve for the game to be sold on steam and use it as the method of finding other gamers to play with.

MoUsE-WiZ

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2008
Blizzard needs to fix TPPK. I'm not sure how many years it's been around now, but I'd guess about 8. It survived 1.10. And 1.11. And 1.12. And a handful of letter minor patches. Actually, if you count hydra PKs, it's been in the game from release. The worst part is they *CAN* fix it, as demonstrated with hammers in 1.10, and just don't bother.

If they seriously manage to go one more patch without bothering to fix this exploit I'll be boycotting D3.

Well, maybe not.

But I might consider not pre-ordering the collector's edition.

Or at least not 8 copies of it.

But then I wouldn't be able to multibox properly. Well, whatever, at the very least I'll continue to harass WoW GMs about D2 hacks?

seboj

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2008
[citation][nom]my_name_is_earl[/nom]?? Diablo 2? Shouldn't they try to work out D3 instead? What a waste of man power.[/citation]

You obviously don't know Blizzard very well.

exfileme

Splendid
Now that I think of it, I'm betting Blizzard is using this community-inspired Diablo II patch as testing grounds. Just think of it... whatever Diablo II fans request and winds up in this patch may very well be incorporated into Diablo III. I may be wrong of course (definitely wouldn't be the first time), but it would make sense.

G

Diablo II need proper widescreen support + higher 4:3 resolutions too.

LuxZg

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2007
I think it's very nice from Blizzard to do this new patch, specialy in this way. They are a mighty company, and they have built it all on 3 game franchises: Diablo, Starcraft and Warcraft. So why not support one of their 3 most successfull franchise names while they are building a new version behind the curtains?

Btw, there is one other such example, and from a way smaller company (which indeed has much less resources than Blizzard): Worms. They were released in 1999. and still get official patches quite regulary. Oh, if only more games were like this.

Anyway, I went through some of the 1000+ comments that have already built up on Blizzard forums. And most are both easy to do, and logical. First off, larger stash and easier management of the stash. Like you guys said, it's a "treasure-hunt" game, with way too many things to collect, and no way to collect it all. Other suggestion was an ability to redefine your characters specs, by "moving" points from one skill to another; and another well needed thing I should say, as people don't want to replay whole game 10x just to get their character build "perfect". Third thing was to offer higher resolutions, and widescreen support. Shouldn't be hard to do it, and again, this is a very needed change as technology went way beside 800x600 resolutions. And than there are ofcourse bugfixes and stuff.

But is any of these things a bad point for a game, even for a 10y old game? Nope. People play it, my wife plays it a lot, and I guess a lot of people will be made happy with those several changes.

So i'm all for it, and I just hope it won't take a year or two to do it :D :p

Cheers!

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
[citation][nom]Article[/nom]You can't say that Blizzard doesn't support its legacy software. [/citation]
Well that's not phrased correctly imo! They don't support their software. Developers care about their little children, but blizzard doesn't give a rats about the customers paying and playing the games.
The single most important feature they could implement would be to launch multiple instances of the game from the same computer ; or simply allow d2loader (cost me my last sets of keys a few weeks ago to try that) ....
The second most important would be to make direct3d work on windows xp again (will lag if you've got a g80 or bigger card from nvidia or ati).

ps. burnout paradise - a bit pricy, but quite fun game. No lan multiplayer sadly, but otherwise worth the investment.

G

@ jhansonxi

D: I've been playing D2 since it came out and never knew about that mess you explained. What have I been missing?! *shakes fists at the heavens*
I love this approach Blizzard is taking. They've still patched the game all this time, and it just feels like this is the last hoorah: "Thanks for buying and supporting this game consumers. Here's a special treat! No, it's not DRM, it's a feature wishlist (of sorts)!"

Status
Not open for further replies.