PC Gaming News - Saturday Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

ravenware

Distinguished
May 17, 2005
I played the FEAR demo and the vusuals are quite good. (My machine could barely handle 10 - 20 FPS, yeah I need a new card :))

The weapon play is good (particle effects are very good), sound is good. You get to drive a mech. (I love mech games too, good job on axing the mechwarrior team msoft!)

exfileme

Splendid
Oh I dunno... Florensia reminds me of console RPGs laced with that unique Japanese flair (like Grandia). I'm downloading the client now in order to see what the game actually offers. Maybe I could do a little "hands on" if anyone is interested.

oldmangamer

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2005
Nice work, Mr. Parrish. Your economical yet informative style is much appreciated. I hope that you will continue to write about PC gaming whose death knell I still cannot hear.

manitoublack

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
No Mirrors edge update? dam thing still wont load, This port seems worse than most early PC -> mac ports. Come on EA and Nvidia this game was suppose to be the Physx poster child, but it's just doesn't work.

Cheers for the news on Fear 2 and the predator mod ;)

Niva

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2006
Nice article, never heard of Florensia, might look into it some more.

Liked the sarcasm about the Crysis mod, politics rule!

G

what can big business do with user created stuff. If I draw a picture of predator will fox hunt me down. Marvel tryed to go after ncsoft about user created superheros and lost!

G

I'd love to see more news about some great opensource games!
Perhaps do some "Tom's Game opensource game grammy award" or something?

cappster

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2007
I was unimpressed with the fear 2 demo. I cannot stand the "visor view," but the one thing I did like was the freaky feel of the game.

Startled_Toad

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2008
Any of you guys played the new Dawn of War 2 Beta yet? Officially its released on the 27th but if you own a copy of soulstorm then you have been able to play it since the 21st.

ooo

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2006
Well you need also the 185.20 beta drivers from nvidia in order to enable Ambient Occlusion in fear2...and looks even better =)

Status
Not open for further replies.