[SOLVED] PC Gaming = PC force-shutdown...

TechQuestion1

Great
BANNED
Jan 13, 2020
This is my PC.

CPU : INTEL Core i7 8086k 4GHz
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti OC
Ram/Memory: : Kingston 32 GB DDR4 4000MHz
Display/Monitor : ASUS PG279Q 2560x1440 165Hz
Storage/Harddrive : SAMSUNG SSD 970 Pro NVMe M.2 1TB
MotherBoard : MSI Z370 A Pro E7B48IMS.2B0
Power Supply : Seasonic FOCUS GX-850 80PLUS Gold 850 Watt
Case : BeQuiet Pure Base 600 Window Orange BGW20
Cooler : BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 250 w tdp

I use this machine mainly for gaming.
I can play any game without any problem, expect one: The Witcher 3
The case is, i can play for about 30 min - 1h but then randomly from nowhere py PC goes POWER OFF.
It force shutdown, how do i determine the cause?

Solution
Im trying to solve problem not thinking of sarcasm.
I have many programs surely one of them can display the PSU temps, or is it truely not possible to monitor PSU ?
In your thread i read the word overclocking, i dont do that so its not for me,

I have no intent other than helping...

The software can only display temperatures if there is a hardware sensor present. There are many components that are simply not monitored or not available for monitoring by end-user.

In my thread I had removed overclocking but that did not help.

With regards to the problem you have, try cancelling out the motherboard VRM issue by doing what I did with the intel tuning utility and running it like that for a few days or until the first issue.

If...

TechQuestion1

Great
BANNED
Jan 13, 2020
Something gets too hot would be me guess... PSU/CPU VRM/GPU VRM shuts it down by thermal trigger.

How can i verify that it is heat causing the shutdown?

My temps look normal...
GPU around 70, CPU 50 - 60, only the SSD is "a bit hot" 60-70 C.
The ssd is from samsung so i downloaded samsung tool named "magician"
With this tool i can clearly see the SSD should not be over 60 Celsius temperature.
Mine reachs 70 in heavy-graphic games.
Already bought an additional "cooling addon" for the SSD but helps only like 3-5 C.

Can it be the SSD or what else? I recently bought the case and the PSU because my old PSU wasnt strong enough anymore, i had many "shutdowns"

AGAIN, i dont have those shutdown problems anymore, it happens ONLY while playing witcher3.

In the last 3 days mc PC "shutdown" 7 times, while playing witcher 3.

TechQuestion1

Great
BANNED
Jan 13, 2020
Not everything is monitored. What is the temperature of your PSU?

How do i findout temps of my PSU ?
If got, CPUID HWmonitor CPUID CPUZ TechPowerUp GPU Z, or the basic windows stuff, resourcemonitor, performance monitoring, any of those can help?
The PSU has no fan, atleast none that is visible so i guess there is none.
But its 850 W seasonic gold certified, if that overheats why the * is it called gold ceritifed... a fan wouldnt be wrong.

How do i findout temps of my PSU ?
If got, CPUID HWmonitor CPUID CPUZ TechPowerUp GPU Z, or the basic windows stuff, resourcemonitor, performance monitoring, any of those can help?
The PSU has no fan, atleast none that is visible so i guess there is none.
But its 850 W seasonic gold certified, if that overheats why the * is it called gold ceritifed... a fan wouldnt be wrong.
Bud, it was a satcastic question, don’t take it literally... my point is that not everything in the system is monitored. The sad part is that without special tooling you can not directly check most of it.
However, there are ways to indirectly check some stuff. I had a similar issue and it turned out to be weak motherboard VRM. Here is the thread.

TechQuestion1

Great
BANNED
Jan 13, 2020
Bud, it was a satcastic question, don’t take it literally... my point is that not everything in the system is monitored. The sad part is that without special tooling you can not directly check most of it.
However, there are ways to indirectly check some stuff. I had a similar issue and it turned out to be weak motherboard VRM. Here is the thread.

I have many programs surely one of them can display the PSU temps, or is it truely not possible to monitor PSU ?

I have no intent other than helping...

The software can only display temperatures if there is a hardware sensor present. There are many components that are simply not monitored or not available for monitoring by end-user.

In my thread I had removed overclocking but that did not help.

With regards to the problem you have, try cancelling out the motherboard VRM issue by doing what I did with the intel tuning utility and running it like that for a few days or until the first issue.

If that does not help, try cancelling out GPU VRM by lowering graphics power limit to 75% or lower (and the frequencies so it stays stable) and running it like that for a few days or until the first issue.

Solution