[SOLVED] PC gaming performance

Solution
Hey there,

You can start by telling us your PC specs, and we can better determine that for you.

Ideally you want a CPU balanced with GPU. So for example my own systems, I've a 1600x paired with a GTX1060 6gb. Nice and balanced. If the GPU was stronger, then the 1600x wouldn't be strong enough to push it to it's max.

My new system is also fairly well balanced. 5600x + RTX3060ti. However, in this case the CPU is strong enough to drive more powerful cards, with little by way of a bottleneck.

You can measure these things with different apps, like MSI OSD (for in game overlay showing CPU/GPU/Ram metrics), HWMonitor/HWInfo to see your system metrics on the fly. In a perfect world, your GPU would be pegged at 98/99% usage, and similarly...
Hey there,

You can start by telling us your PC specs, and we can better determine that for you.

Ideally you want a CPU balanced with GPU. So for example my own systems, I've a 1600x paired with a GTX1060 6gb. Nice and balanced. If the GPU was stronger, then the 1600x wouldn't be strong enough to push it to it's max.

My new system is also fairly well balanced. 5600x + RTX3060ti. However, in this case the CPU is strong enough to drive more powerful cards, with little by way of a bottleneck.

You can measure these things with different apps, like MSI OSD (for in game overlay showing CPU/GPU/Ram metrics), HWMonitor/HWInfo to see your system metrics on the fly. In a perfect world, your GPU would be pegged at 98/99% usage, and similarly CPU usage (which implies the CPU is working hard to feed max data to your GPU). The exception to that rule is where the game is more single threaded, so you can expect low CPU usage in some circumstances, specially were you have a multicore chip with high core/thread counts, like 5800x/5900x or Intel 12700k or the like.

Solution
Dec 2, 2021
Hey there,

You can measure these things with different apps, like MSI OSD (for in game overlay showing CPU/GPU/Ram metrics), HWMonitor/HWInfo to see your system metrics on the fly. In a perfect world, your GPU would be pegged at 98/99% usage, and similarly CPU usage (which implies the CPU is working hard to feed max data to your GPU). The exception to that rule is where the game is more single threaded, so you can expect low CPU usage in some circumstances, specially were you have a multicore chip with high core/thread counts, like 5800x/5900x or Intel 12700k or the like.
Specs

ryzen 5 2400G
GTX 1650 graphics card
B450m pro-m2 motherboard
Seasonic Focus Plus 650 Gold SSR-650FX 650W
XPG DDR4 D60G RGB 16GB (2x8GB) 3200MH
Seagate 2 tb hdd
450 gb 2.5-inch SSD

Specs

ryzen 5 2400G
GTX 1650 graphics card
B450m pro-m2 motherboard
Seasonic Focus Plus 650 Gold SSR-650FX 650W
XPG DDR4 D60G RGB 16GB (2x8GB) 3200MH
Seagate 2 tb hdd
450 gb 2.5-inch SSD
Userbench is useful for just seeing relative performance, compared to other systems with similar specs. Otherwise, doing more in depth testing with things like Aida64, Cinebench, CPU-z are also useful for quick repeatable tests.