PC Gaming Rig

MissSenpai

Reputable
Dec 20, 2015
This is my first build and I just need advice if I'm going about it the right way.
I'm trying to go towards AMD wise.

AMD FX 9590 ( Processor )
H80I GT ( Liquid Cooler )
Rosewill Hive - 1000 W ( Power Supply )
ASUS Crosshair V Formula AM3+ ( Motherboard )
XFX Radeon R9 380X R9-380X-4285 ( Graphics Card )
WD Black 1TB Performance Desktop ( Hard Drive )
Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB ( Ram )
DIYPC Skyline-07-G Black/Blue Gaming Case w/ 7 x 120mm blue fans ( Case)

Solution
no its not a good amd build. if you want amd then get an 8350 and a big dual 140mm air cooler like the phanteks, noctua, cryorig and manually overclock yourself.

And that's your mistake IMO.

The Intel 15-4690k would be a better choice for a CPU, and cheaper. And if you cut out other items that are WAY more exorbitant than you need, you could easily afford a GTX 970, which I've seen as low as $270-$280 on holiday sales.

You don't need anywhere near a 1000w PSU, and a simple Hyper 212 EVO CPU cooler is plenty adequate.

RAM wise 8GB suffices for gaming for the most part, but since there's an increasing number of PC titles that launch with memory leak problems that more RAM can minimize, that is the least of the extravagance.

Your actual words were you need advice if you're going about it the right way, and "trying to" go toward AMD. "Trying" too doesn't necessarily sound like insistent on, so naturally I felt compelled to say, no, you're not going about it the right way.

The people that stubbornly cling to AMD are often seen on various forums post launch of many games asking why their FPS is so low.

Excuse me for "trying to" save you from that pain.

Anarkie13

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2015
The 9590 will turn your build into a heater, and the 9XXX series has been plagued with issues since release. Go with the tried and true 8350 for stability.

Also, add an SSD to the mix with the money saved by going to the 8350 for larger gains.