PC Gaming Roundup - The Weekend Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

hairycat101

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2007
[citation][nom]JeanLuc[/nom]I hope Colin McRae's surviving family get the royalties due to Colins name still being used to promote the Dirt series.[/citation]
I got to second that. He died in '07. That is long enough for them to re-work the title to just Dirt 2. It's not like he died last week and they had all of the boxes printed up for a few months. Mostly sad about the young boys, though.

On a side note, I have to agree with someone that this really is just a small snipit of stuff that Codemasters and EA would put out in their e-mail lists. Tom's is so far gone now. I used to love this site and I hate to see what they have done to it laterly.

Dekasav

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2008
I very much enjoy these PC Gaming Roundup articles. Keeps my email clean and free from tons of developers/publishers sending me an email every 2 days and informs me of new games coming out so I can check them out. Thanks Tom's!

exfileme

Splendid
I took off the Coin McRae name because the PR didn't have it and it's not listed on the USA site. However, the main Dirt 2 site DOES show McRae's name. Secondly, these were the only Codemasters games announced in Friday's PR. If there' more, by all means send it to me and I'll post it (kparrish@bestofmedia.com).

I also understand the disappointment in regards to the present state of Tom's Games. I totally get it. But negative comments will not help convince Bestofmedia otherwise. The "Roundups" are a way of rebooting the machine so to speak, to show -by actual numbers- that there's still an interest in gaming at Tom's. I wish we had a full blown site to throw the news on, but -for the moment- we don't, so this is the best I can offer until things change.

hairycat101

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2007
[citation][nom]exfileme[/nom]I took off the Coin McRae name because the PR didn't have it and it's not listed on the USA site. However, the main Dirt 2 site DOES show McRae's name. Secondly, these were the only Codemasters games announced in Friday's PR. If there' more, by all means send it to me and I'll post it (kparrish@bestofmedia.com).I also understand the disappointment in regards to the present state of Tom's Games. I totally get it. But negative comments will not help convince Bestofmedia otherwise. The "Roundups" are a way of rebooting the machine so to speak, to show -by actual numbers- that there's still an interest in gaming at Tom's. I wish we had a full blown site to throw the news on, but -for the moment- we don't, so this is the best I can offer until things change.[/citation]

First, if you are representing the site or bestofmedia, you should have that listed near the top so that your comments about how you post things makes since.

Second, posting comments about what we do and don't like are how we get our opinions known. I trust you "get it". Its hard to look at the site right now and compare it to what it was a few months back. It's not just that I liked "second take" more then this, it's that the WHOLE site seems defunct in some way. A lot of the news articles that appear to the right of the articles I read are from YEARS past. The "hot questions" instead of pulling from the most recent forum posts are annoying because they take forever to change. Even the amount of replies does not update like it should. I could go on, but I think the direction the site is headed in isn't good.

Keep the game updates coming; they don't, often, contain any substaintial insight, but it is nice to see updates on things that I haven't been tracking elsewhere.

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
I hope Overlord II lives up to expectations I really like the first one.

As for the state of TomsHardware I think if doesn't turn around and become its old self again its only going to be a matter of time before this site becomes a ghost town and the forums will only have unanswered "help me" threads. Less site hits means less advertising revenue and you know where that would lead. Even more so if a competitor site takes action first.

The fact that this site even hosts flash games is just insulting and to top if off they are god awful ones. They even had a adult section for a period of time what the hell were they thinking? I use to click on ads just to help this site with no interest in what is being advertised but I don't do that anymore. Perhaps that's what we should do hurt BestOfMedia where it will hurt most their wallet. If we can get a large amount of people to stop clicking any advertisements on here or any other BestOfMedia website then advertisers won't be willing to pay as much or even advertise here at all. If someone if interested in something advertise like a sale ad on Newegg just simply go there manually instead of clicking the ad. Until we get our demands met and get the old TomsHardware back.

hairycat101

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2007
[citation][nom]NuclearShadow[/nom]I hope Overlord II lives up to expectations I really like the first one.As for the state of TomsHardware I think if doesn't turn around and become its old self again its only going to be a matter of time before this site becomes a ghost town and the forums will only have unanswered "help me" threads. Less site hits means less advertising revenue and you know where that would lead. Even more so if a competitor site takes action first.The fact that this site even hosts flash games is just insulting and to top if off they are god awful ones. They even had a adult section for a period of time what the hell were they thinking? I use to click on ads just to help this site with no interest in what is being advertised but I don't do that anymore. Perhaps that's what we should do hurt BestOfMedia where it will hurt most their wallet. If we can get a large amount of people to stop clicking any advertisements on here or any other BestOfMedia website then advertisers won't be willing to pay as much or even advertise here at all. If someone if interested in something advertise like a sale ad on Newegg just simply go there manually instead of clicking the ad. Until we get our demands met and get the old TomsHardware back.[/citation]
I'm one billion per cent with you.

urlsen

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2007
Get the old toms back...why should i choose my country every time i want to se if there are new headlines..

Good with info and change..
All change is not good...take criticism and build on it..

Otherwize its all good

urlsen

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2007
Get the old toms back...why should i choose my country every time i want to se if there are new headlines..

Good with info and change..
All change is not good...take criticism and build on it..

Otherwize its all good

G

[citation][nom]urlsen[/nom]Get the old toms back...why should i choose my country every time i want to se if there are new headlines..Good with info and change..All change is not good...take criticism and build on it..Otherwize its all good[/citation]

Use bookmarks manually to go to country you want or opera's speed dial, IE; www.tomshardware.com/us.

Toms does summarize whats out there already news wise but that makes it easy for me to keep up to date really in one place, if you want hardcore indepth reveiws there are sites out there for that (guru3d) or more snoop news (the register) Toms does what it does well.

etrnl_frost

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2009
Meh, I didn't even make a second glance at Magna Cum Laude, but this Leisure Suit Larry sounds more like the adventure games of yore. Color me vaguely interested.

That being said, cripes the ram on the new Steam system... little bit of an upgrade there? Mostly a CPU upgrade, it seems...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS