PC Gaming Ruled May Sales Chart Thanks to Diablo 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

cknobman

Distinguished
May 2, 2006
I have not seen anything compelling come out for my Xbox 360 in close to a year.

But in that same time frame I have purchased PC games Battlefield 3, Portal, Torchlight, and Diablo 3 (yes I know some of those titles are available on console but they were offered so cheap through Steam I went PC route).

Honestly I can say I am done with this generation of consoles. I just upgraded my PC rig for the first time in 5 years and I plan on playing tons of PC for the foreseeable future. (since I bought an AMD card I also just got 3 more free PC games to play as well!!!).

Microgoliath

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2011
Hopefully this makes game developers wake up and realize if you release a decent game you can still make massive sales/cash on PC platform.

jecho

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2011
Hardware sales fall because of games like Diablo III and any other ported game. There is no need for upgrading hardware when my computer which is 50x an xbox does just fine.

cknobman

Distinguished
May 2, 2006
[citation][nom]jecho[/nom]Hardware sales fall because of games like Diablo III and any other ported game. There is no need for upgrading hardware when my computer which is 50x an xbox does just fine.[/citation]

Maybe your meaning is being misinterpreted by me but Diablo III is not a port.

I really think the hardware sales are falling is more in correlation with console sales and how much they are dropping due to age and market saturation. I dont think the hardware sales are directly referring to PC hardware.

EDVINASM

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2011
Don't know who was paying the €50 for Diablo III but it wasn't me that's for sure. Will buy all first 4 top games as have interest but not in spending €200 on games. Feel sad for those who do.

monger923

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2009
The more good PC games that come out, the more PC gamers there will be. I know several people that went and built a new PC mainly to play Diablo 3. Most people were just not bothering to upgrade or replace there old PC because there was very little motivation to do so. Keep rolling out great PC games and see how the Market share will increase. Not just for software, but hardware too.

G

PC gaming sucks, and this just proves it. Diablo 3 had the biggest hyped launch of any PC game in a long time, and it sold less than SWTOR, which was also terrible.

We NEED more high quality AAA titles like Call of Duty and Madden for the PC and less crap like Max Payne.

cybrcatter

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2008
Those NPD stats become more useless every year, especially wrt PC titles. Retail sales are only a fraction of total PC game sales.

goodguy713

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2009
eh.. the only game i like on that list is diablo and battle field 3 .. and its actually reverse order .. all those other games are kinda pointless and i refuse to play modern warfare 3.. just wont do it..

shloader

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2001
[citation][nom]cknobman[/nom]I have not seen anything compelling come out for my Xbox 360 in close to a year.[/citation]

Mass Effect 3 was compelling right up to the end (which wasn't compelling at all).

matt_b

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2009
[citation][nom]beardguy[/nom]I had to buy Max Payne 3 day 1.[/citation]
I used to be like that. This generation of DLC and then the eventual GOTY edition with all of the DLC has ruined day one releases for me and it makes me wait now. I have too many games that are the initial release versions collecting dust because buying the GOTY version was cheaper than buying the DLC as a standalone package. Max Payne 3 is definitely on my list as well, been looking forward to it ever since the under-appreciated Max Payne 2 came out.

Travis Beane

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2010
[citation][nom]TEHconsoleGAMMER9000[/nom]PC gaming sucks, and this just proves it. Diablo 3 had the biggest hyped launch of any PC game in a long time, and it sold less than SWTOR, which was also terrible.We NEED more high quality AAA titles like Call of Duty and Madden for the PC and less crap like Max Payne.[/citation]

I spent 20 minutes writing a reply to your comment, but I decided to delete it. You make me sad inside.

jecho

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2011
[citation][nom]cknobman[/nom]Maybe your meaning is being misinterpreted by me but Diablo III is not a port. I really think the hardware sales are falling is more in correlation with console sales and how much they are dropping due to age and market saturation. I dont think the hardware sales are directly referring to PC hardware.[/citation]

I am talking about how the bar is set so low with xbox ports and non graphically demanding games like diablo 3. Yes I know that blizzard makes more money with easy to run games. Few games inspire progression. ANd yes it is on both ends hardware and software challenging eachother.

Zingam_Duo

Honorable
Mar 22, 2012
[citation][nom]hellfire24[/nom]hell yeah! proud to be a PC gamer![/citation]

Well, that's like being proud of having an ass... Big achievement! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS