PC Gaming: Slow map loading / Generating

Mar 12, 2018
Basically my PC loads game maps extremely slowly. I can have my view distance very far, and as I walk chunks of the map load at a time and creates constant lag spikes. I feel like this is a problem because I'm sure I have a good enough of a computer. Some game examples are: Astroneer, ARK, Fortnite ect.

Specs:
- AMD FX(tm)-4300 Quad-core Processor 3.80 GHz
- 12 Gigs of Ram
- Radeon (TM) RX 470 Graphics 4 gigs
- 700 wats power system
- let me know if you need any more info

Solution
your complaining of slow loading but didnt include your storage.
at a guess though.. your loading of a hdd
also your cpu is WEAK!... i know it says quad core but thats in the loosest sense of the word.
its really a dual module 4 core cpu which is the equivalent of an intel dual core with hyperthreading.
theres more than a good chance its under powered for the tasks your throwing at it. so you may want to clean up things like
startup items... (use ccleaner to disable anything in startup that isnt your antivirus, your audio/gfx/mouse tray apps.)
then your gonna want to defragment your hdd. as the hdd gets more fragmented the slower the access times become. resulting in slow app loading and texture pop in games.
your complaining of slow loading but didnt include your storage.
at a guess though.. your loading of a hdd
also your cpu is WEAK!... i know it says quad core but thats in the loosest sense of the word.
its really a dual module 4 core cpu which is the equivalent of an intel dual core with hyperthreading.
theres more than a good chance its under powered for the tasks your throwing at it. so you may want to clean up things like
startup items... (use ccleaner to disable anything in startup that isnt your antivirus, your audio/gfx/mouse tray apps.)
then your gonna want to defragment your hdd. as the hdd gets more fragmented the slower the access times become. resulting in slow app loading and texture pop in games.

Solution