Question PC GAMING

GEORGEV003

Reputable
Oct 9, 2020
I recently bought an MSI 27inch 165 hz 2k monitor. I previously had an AOC 24inch 144 2k monitor. I m pretty into FPS gaming mainly playing CS R6 Rust and COD. I m wondering if the new monitor is too big for 1080p gaming since i can sometimes spot pixels in between texts and such and im always bothered about such things. So i would rather be using 2k res rather than 1080p which i was using with my last monitor as well. Here are my specs https://valid.x86.fr/36g5nz so i was wondering if i could play the games stated above at 2k and reasonable FPS as i want to make use of the high Hz the monitor has. I dont mind tweaking settings at all but from all the games i play i dont seem to get a lot of FPS for some apparent reason. Also what would be the one thing one could suggest to me to upgrade for my PC to be able to handle playing at 2k easier.

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
You should be able to play the games for sure, but you might want to tinker around with in-game details, once you've set the resolution. As for your concerns with FPS, what is the make and model of the PSU and it's age? The link you've shared shows your motherboard to be on version F51 for BIOS, you have two more BIOS versions pending, F52 and F60. Update to the latest and then see if anything feels a little better. What OS version are you on? Ideally you should be on version 21H1. The last thing you can try is use DDU to uninstall your GPU drivers and then reinstall with the latest version from Nvidia's support site, installing them in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Reactions: Bassman999

GEORGEV003

Reputable
Oct 9, 2020
First of all thank you for replying. The PSU I’m using is almost 5 months old and it is a Corsair CX 750M bronze. As for the drivers and the system OS I have forgotten about them since I have been having so much studies the past 8 months. I will look forward into updating them as well and also check for the gpu drivers.

Reactions: Bassman999