PC gets hot to the touch, offline games have intermittent lag, HWMonitor doesn't look bad. Please help!

May 26, 2018
Hi all, I've been running into some heating issues with my PC lately and am looking for some direction on if there is an issue, what I should do, and if the issue I have with gaming is tied to it.

The PC case itself gets extremely hot to the touch and the fan is constantly running loud. I opened the case and carefully cleaned dust off of everything, giving extra care to the fan, but the issue persists.

Lately, I've run into a lag issue during some games. This is most prevalent when I'm playing FIFA18 (which I exceed the specs for), the game play will slow down to a crawl then go back to normal speed then slow down again. I think this might mean I need to get a SSD, though wonder if it's tied to the heating issue.

I've run HWMonitor and I believe everything looks standard, but could use a second opinion. Here's a screen grab of it while running this page in Chrome, HWMonitor, and Netflix: HWMonitor

Here are the PC specs:
Processor: AMD A10-6800K 4.1GHz
GPU: Radeon RX480
RAM: 8GB
WIndows 10 x64

Any insight would be appreciated, thank you!

May 26, 2018

I have a Corsair 750W PSU, recently upgrade from my 500W.

May 26, 2018

So the margin is bouncing quite a bit, it's gone from -2.1 to 12.6 and keeps fluctuating. Generally I'm seeing it in the 5's

What is a normal/average margin? What can I do to resolve the issue?

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
You'll need to keep it in the blue,those red figures aren't good. Things like a better cooler or better case (or maybe add fans to yours if a good one) might help.

Does the case sit in a closed corner? Which case?
Which psu do you use? maker+model+wattage.

As a tip,update your last post if noone has responded yet,moderaters could see this as bumping although i don't think it's what you try here.