PC gives problem after change service.

Nov 14, 2018
Goodmorning.
i got a problem since i change a service.
i've got a application GeForce Experience on my Asus desktop. I wanted to update my videocard but he give a error state. Please start te application again. (See youtube link below)

I did this tutorial yesterday en restarted my desktop. Since then the desktop starts BUT after the screen "Asus Game of Republic" its a black screen, with the mouse visible (like he is loading something) further then this he can't.
Normally after that i can give my login credentials.

Someone gave experience with this?
Can someone help me en bring me back into my desktop?

This is what i did:
[video="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIO6rFUz7xg"][/video]

Thanks!

Colif

Win 11 Master
so it sets nv display container LS to auto in services, then it asks you to make sure it is running in msconfig alongside other Nvidia services. I don't see anything dangerous there... or a reason why GPU doesn't seem to work after boot. I was waiting for msconfig but they hid all MS services so it should at least run windows.

Start PC 3 times, just after the asus logo, restart it again. After 3 times it should load into automatic repair, its unlikely to fix anything but leads us to some options.
Choose advanced options after startup repair stops
this loads a blue menu
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced

can try running system restore
hopefully there is a recent date, this will roll system settings back to the date and should fix this black screen.

Another choice (on same menu) is Startup repair, it might fix it.

If you lucky, startup options is a choice. If it is, choose it
click the restart button
choose a safe mode (it doesn't matter which) by using number associated with it.
Pc will restart and load safe mode

If you can get into safe mode,
right click start
choose run...
type msconfig
pick normal startup and apply

PC should load normally.

If you can get back into windows again, I would do this instead for the Nvidia drivers - http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-2767677/perform-clean-install-video-card-drivers.html

Nov 14, 2018

Colif,
Thanks for your answer.
Im just think about something.

Is it possible i forget the restart the service display container LS?
Because after reboot my motherboard give code A0 (whats good) = ASUS Desktop.
Also power-on in save mode (black screen). I think he started up in safe mode, i just can't see!
I can check this but im not know how to do.

i've got a build-in videocard in my motherboard. the service that I have wasted is for the external video card.
If i can start the desktop with my build-in videocard i can change the service for the external card, right?

Do you know where i can choose with wich videocard i can start the desktop? Somewhere in the BIOS?

Sorry for my bad english.
Greetz.
Ian

Colif

Win 11 Master
what motherboard do you have? Apart from Asus Rog?

You may need to remove external GPU before the internal one will work

If you can get a desktop running off the onboard graphics adapters (that use CPU) then
go into msconfig again and set it to run normal startup as it may be on Selective startup

I would be tempted to run this - http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-2767677/perform-clean-install-video-card-drivers.html - and remove all traces of Nvidia, then shut off PC and put the Nvidia card back in. Its your choice if you put geforce experience on again or just run windows update to use the old Nvidia drivers windows still suggests.

the only place he clicked start was in the services panel, after he had set it to automatic. Then he changed msconfig, then he restarted, No sign of safe mode on video.