PC goes black after new GPU cooler installed

I3lue1

Distinguished
May 26, 2013
Hello everyone.

First of all, thank you for taking the time to look through my quest. I'll keep it simple:

Since I was getting 80+ temps on my video card and I could actively see ir bottlenecking, I decided to get a new cooler.

I bought the "Arctic accelero twin turbo III" and after ~3 hours of carefully following the instructions, I installed it.

I plug the card back in and start my PC. The first time the screeb lights up and then goes black and nothing happens. The second time, I get the bios logo and then black again. The third time I get into bios and my system doesn't recognise my SSD. After a few more restarts my SSD is recognised and I get past the "Starting Windows" section. I get to see the mouse and the "thinking" animation briefly and the the screen goes black again.

I can enter safe mode but only for un to 30 seconds or 1 minute (since afterwards the screen goes black).

In safe mode, if I enter DxDiag, in the Display section I have "N/A" for my graphics card name. If I use Aida64 and check the GPU section, I get no data. If I try open Aida64's sensors tab, the PC starts thinking, Aida64 freezes and soon after the screen goes black. I tried checking Gpuz, but when I open it, it tells me that the program won't work in Safe Mode.I also noticed that if I stay long enough in Bios (a bit over a minute), then the screen goes black there too.

After all of this I decided to call it a day and sgut down my PC. I touch the newly installed backplate and it's surprisingly hot given that I did virtually nothing with the Gpu.

My configuration:
Amd FX8350 with a good Arctic aftermarket cooler,
16 gb ddr 2166 mhz,
Samsung 500 gb SSD,
Sabertooth Fx990 rev. 2.0 mother,
Msi gtx 780 ti.

I hope someone can shed some light on this :(.

I3lue1

Distinguished
May 26, 2013
It got solved.

For those having the problem: I took my PC to a service and after 2 days they gave it back working flawlessly. I installed the cooling EXACTLY as instructed by the manual abd because of that I added some plastic spacings on the front side of the graphics card. What I didn't notice was that those spacings kept the copper radiator from even touching the GPU. The guys at the service removed the spacings on the front side and magically everything worked again flawlessly.

For those interested in the gains from the new cooling:
Core clock at max. load increased from 836 to 875 (no more throttling I guess). This nets a theoretical 4.66% power increase.
Max temperature decreased from 85 to 66.
Furmark score increased from 4350 to 4452 -> a 2.29% increase.