Question Pc goes black screen when is in vertical position

Dec 8, 2020
First of all say that while trying to clean my pc,my cpu got stuck to the cooler and while removing it it bent a couple pins, ok fixed that and now whenever I position the computer horizontically it works perfectly fine but when it's vertically it just blackscreens and there's no display on the monitor.
IMO it can be maybe that the processor is just broken or that the socket is unable to hold the weight of the fan and slides the processor enough for it to not make a good contact.
When it black screens fans and everything is still on, leds and everything
Thank you everyone!

Dec 8, 2020
Yeah sorry mb.
Cpu: ryzen 5 2600
Gpu: GTX 1070 Gigabyte
16 GB of g-skill ram
B450 tomahawk motherboard

Answering to the other question, yeah once i made sure the cooler was correctly placed I was able to get a boot but dunno why but the whole tower got bumped a little, not too hard to make any kind of damage, but it got to that blackscreen stage again.
I was able to solve it by again taking the cooler out and placing the processor again without doing anything else just taking it out and placing it in. Now i dont even know what to do cuz it can stop working from whenever and tbh have no clue what to do next
Tldr: taking out the processor and placing it solves the issue but it stops working with a little movement of the case itself, dunno what to do next.
Ty for answering

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
When you remove and replace the CPU, I presume you are lifting the lock lever, and then locking it back down. When you do that, there is a small part of the socket that should slide as you move the lever. This is part of ensuring that each CPU pin makes good contact with its corresponding socket hole contact.

Reactions: Guiu
Dec 8, 2020
When you remove and replace the CPU, I presume you are lifting the lock lever, and then locking it back down. When you do that, there is a small part of the socket that should slide as you move the lever. This is part of ensuring that each CPU pin makes good contact with its corresponding socket hole contact.
That makes so much sense! So is there anything i can do other than constantly fixing it

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
Well, if you have NOT been using the release lever before removing the CPU from its socket, I suspect that means the last time you put it back into the socket, the lever was already in the locked-down position. This likely to prevent proper contact of CPU pins with the socket contacts. If that is what you have done, you can try to fix this permanently.

NOTE Do it this way ONLY if you did NOT use the release lever last time to remove the CPU, AND had that lever already DOWN and locked before pushing the CPU back into the socket!!!

FIRST, you MAY need to remove the heatsink and fan from the top of the CPU chip in order to be able to rotate the locking bar up to a vertical position. BUT do NOT rotate that bar up yet!! If you have removed the heatsink before and recently, it should not be difficult. But if the heatsink is really stuck to the CPU top, do not force it. If you cannot get things out of the way so the locking bar can rotate up, you may have to quit now before anything else can go wrong.

IF that works and you have free access to the CPU chip, do NOT rotate that locking bar up! Simply remove the CPU from its socket GENTLY as you have been doing WITHOUT raising the lever. Now inspect ALL of the CPU pins VERY carefully in case one or more of them is bent again. Try to ensure they all are straight.

NOW lift the lock lever. Replace the CPU into the socket, and it really should go in easily - almost no effort to get it to drop into the holes. IF you experience any resistance, do not push it it. Pull it back up and check for a crooked pin that is not fitting into an open hole.

Once the CPU is back in its socket easily, THEN rotate the lock lever back down to the lock position. What this does is slide the CPU chip just slightly sideways, and that slides EVERY pin of the CPU into the proper contact down inside the socket.

Finally, if you got this far, replace the heatsink and fan on the CPU top and fasten it down securely according to its instructions. Close up your system and turn on. If this has worked, your system should run properly and keep rinning smoothly, because the CPU chip is making solid contacts and is securely fastened into its socket.

Dec 8, 2020
Ty but I have been using the lever all the time except the first times i removed it due to the paste being stuck.
Once i got the pins straight i have used the lever as it is meant to be used but problems still persist.
Rn it works but tbh it can change from one moment to another

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
The problem soed appeart to be caused by a loose and intermittent contact somewhere. Since you have been using the lock lever properly, that is not the source, although the bad contact may still be in the socket, OR it could be somewhere else in a plug-in connector.

Dec 8, 2020
After having the pc stable for a few days placed vertically, I have a few things to add.
I've discovered that the connection is so narrow that the slightest moves to the case actually produce the bad contact to happen again, also I think is worth mentioning that when pulling the lever all the way up, even when the processor is not placed, there's a point where there is some resistance and when surpassing it, im able to hear a small like "crack". The feel it gives is not like you just broke the mobo but its kinda worrying tbh.
All this things make me think that I was actually able to fix the processor but broke the mobo, but as i said before as Im unable to properly troubleshoot both components i really dont have a clue what to do next.
Any suggestions on what to do next or ways to try fixing the socket or anything tbh is greatly appreciated! Ty yall