[SOLVED] PC goes black screen while playing games or under load.

Sep 15, 2020
Need regarding a black screen issue.
The issue is caused mainly due to gpu or the psu since my other components are new and i tested them separately and working fine.
The gpu is a gtx 970 which is almost 5 years old.
The problem occurs is that when i play games or the gpu is under heavy load , the screen goes black and the pc restarts.
Then i tried to stress the gpu using "OCCT6" and after 1 min of stressing it the screen goes black and pc restarts.
So im not sure its the problem with the Gpu or the Psu since i don't have any other spare Psu.
I have used this psu for 5 years and this problem is happening for the last 6 months but this issue used to happen occasionally (Maybe once in a month the screen goes black and then i had to restart and then it works fine)
But now it is happening every time i try to stress test or play an intensive game.
The psu im using is Corsair VS 650.

Solution
5 years old Corsair VS 650. Probably your issue. Came with a 3 years warranty back then. It's now 5 years old. It degraded and is now just not capable of running your system.

VS series is at the bottom quality of Corsair. Replace it with minimum Corsair CX series.

If you want to be sure that this is not your GPU. Test the GPU in another system. Only way to know.
5 years old Corsair VS 650. Probably your issue. Came with a 3 years warranty back then. It's now 5 years old. It degraded and is now just not capable of running your system.

VS series is at the bottom quality of Corsair. Replace it with minimum Corsair CX series.

If you want to be sure that this is not your GPU. Test the GPU in another system. Only way to know.

Solution
Sep 15, 2020

Will this power supply be okay ??
https://www.amazon.in/dp/B01HGRMZ9I/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_i_MzkyFbDKW2W5P