pc goes into sleep mode and full fan speed on gpu

vorlien

Commendable
Sep 28, 2016
hey there

so i i just build my pc 2 days ago and everything was fine. Then yesterday all of a sudden, when i was playing wow, it went into sleep mode and the fans on my gpu went to full speed. Also the sound became messed up, if you know what i mean when something crashes. Im not able to get it out of this sleep mode, unless i turn it off. I had the latest nvidia driver, but couldnt get the windows annivesary update.

Now when i boot the pc it sometimes happens right after the windows logo or when i just log in. Basically all the time.

My build is:
Gigabyte GA-H110M-DS2, Socket-1151
HyperX Fury DDR4 2133MHz 16GB
Samsung 750 EVO 250GB 2.5" SSD Bulk
Fractal Design Integra M 450W PSU
ASUS GeForce GTX 1060 6GB DUAL OC
Intel Core i5-6500 Skylake Processor

Solution

it's hard to say since you had it working good the two days. but try the drivers it doesnt hurt. you could also run a "whocrashed" app to see if you can pinpoint a driver or something

vorlien

Commendable
Sep 28, 2016
So i tried that and the problem still persists.
I also tried running my pc without the gpu and its completely gone. Note: the pc also runs perfectly with the card in safe mode.
Do you reckon its the drivers or the card itself?

gussrtk

Honorable

it's hard to say since you had it working good the two days. but try the drivers it doesnt hurt. you could also run a "whocrashed" app to see if you can pinpoint a driver or something

Solution